Home Off Topic

Yeti Drops NRA Foundation

Replies

• Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,757 AG
    Mister-Jr said:
    That doesn't change the fact that the NRA vigorously defends a broad interpretation of the 2nd Amendment.
    In my mind, the NRA is irrelevant to the entire federal process.
    You are naïve if you believe lobbying organizations have no influence in the federal process.  In your mind the federal process is pure and lacking in corruption by special interests?
    That's the position I'm taking.
    Vote for the other candidate
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,011 AG
    If it were only so.....
  • fishdishfishdish Posts: 1,223 Officer
    Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a ****
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    For those that are okay with a little common sense gun control, you are wrong. Incrementalism works, just look how far pot and gay marriage have moved to in the last 20 years.

(personally I could care less about marriage (I think it's and anachronism and pot only for valid medical use.)
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,757 AG
    Mister-Jr said:
    That doesn't change the fact that the NRA vigorously defends a broad interpretation of the 2nd Amendment.
    In my mind, the NRA is irrelevant to the entire federal process.
    I wish that were true, but unfortunately it's not. 

Like them or not....they are more than relevant; they have been largely effective.

I'm sorry, but you are way off base here.

I stand corrected, you and ExPat are correct.
    Vote for the other candidate
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    edited April 2018 #67
    The nra in Florida lobbied for expanded gun rights using the nasty women marion hammer, and that is why people are dying and  the courts are clogged with idiots who shoot people for doing stupid things that are not worthy of a death warrant. They are for expanding the 2nd beyond what the constitution called for. Thankfully, their day has come to an end and people are smartening up.
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 9,998 Admiral

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 9,540 Moderator
    edited April 2018 #69
    News4Jax reported that it obtained the NRA email that claimed that the company (Yeti)refused to say why it “will no longer sell products” to the foundation.

When we (Yeti) notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations about this change, Yeti explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation,” the statement read. “These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the (NRA) distributed on April 20.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/24/yeti-calls-nra-claims-inaccurate-says-it-has-unwavering-belief-in-second-amendment.html

The NRA would like you to think it was them and them alone being picked on.

Typical NRA response to an action that evidently was across the board and didn't target them in any way, shape or form. 

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/yeti-nra-business-ties/

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 3,191 Captain
    DOCKSIDE said:
    King_Me said:
    I have been a fan of their products over the years. I bought many Yeti coolers over the years, if that's their decision, 'F' them, no more purchases from me.  I have raved about their product line for years but there's others out there. 
    Seriously?  :D  You are going to stop buying their products because they dropped the NRA  :D 
    Thanks I needed a laugh this morning. :D 

yes I am...
    lol :D. The crap people worry about cracks me up!!! lol :D.
    That is why the term "Gun Nut" has been used in this post and quite accurately in most cases.
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral
    edited April 2018 #72
    DOCKSIDE said:
    King_Me said:
    I have been a fan of their products over the years. I bought many Yeti coolers over the years, if that's their decision, 'F' them, no more purchases from me.  I have raved about their product line for years but there's others out there. 
    Seriously?  :D  You are going to stop buying their products because they dropped the NRA  :D 
    Thanks I needed a laugh this morning. :D 

yes I am...
    lol :D. The crap people worry about cracks me up!!! lol :D.
    That is why the term "Gun Nut" has been used in this post and quite accurately in most cases.
    Injection of  identity politics is when you have nothing,  
  • rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,862 AG
    The phrase is "couldn't care less", because if you could care less, then why dont you?

Bunch of private school educated Yankees I bet.

As you were.
  • Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 3,191 Captain
    edited April 2018 #76
    Cyclist said:
    It certainly doesn't help their case in saying they aren't "Nuts"! At least sell it!!
  • ScoutboatScoutboat Posts: 2,456 Captain
    Finfinder said:
    Scoutboat said:
    When first conceived, the NRA's mission was to promote firearm safety and marksmanship.
    They've morphed into a money making political organization.
    thank god an organization is out there protecting our second amendment rights

The 2nd Amendment wil stand, with or without the support of the NRA.

• Florida Ex-patFlorida Ex-pat Posts: 586 Officer
    Gardawg said:

Please explain exactly how the NRA "Protects" these people in any way? Are they giving money for their legal defense, sending them care packages, supporting their families in their absence?  Because otherwise this is the most asinine post I have ever seen.  Supporting the second amendment does not support these idiots anymore than the abolition of temperance laws cause deaths by drunk drivers.
  • Florida Ex-patFlorida Ex-pat Posts: 586 Officer
    Cyclist said:
    The nra in Florida lobbied for expanded gun rights using the nasty women marion hammer, and that is why people are dying and  the courts are clogged with idiots who shoot people for doing stupid things that are not worthy of a death warrant. They are for expanding the 2nd beyond what the constitution called for. Thankfully, their day has come to an end and people are smartening up.

The courts are also "clogged" with rapists, thieves and murderers who were neither stopped nor deterred by law enforcement.  I am sure some of those victims wished that the police could have helped them but alas.......
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    Cyclist said:

The courts are also "clogged" with rapists, thieves and murderers who were neither stopped nor deterred by law enforcement.  I am sure some of those victims wished that the police could have helped them but alas.......
    As one of the first CC states and one with a lot of CCers you would think the crime rate would decrease.

All the good guys with guns just itching to stop bad guys with guns.......IS BS.......just a huge bunch of people with guns and more people getting shot for playing loud music and throwing popcorn.

Just remember someone with CC is just half a nut away from being a statistic....
  • frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
    did yeti fake dropping nra programs so nra members would shoot their coolers then have to buy new ones when they realized yeti hadn't dropped the nra?
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,263 AG
    Apparently, Yeti dropped a discount program the NRA used for special pricing on the coolers. Yeti probably didn't mention the other companies to the NRA in the memo and the NRA felt they removed the program to stop giving the NRA a special discount. It may have been partially true, Yeti had several companies they did not want to give special discounts to these companies, It would be interesting to know who the other companies were. 

It could be that YETI is trying to be sure they don't lose valuable customers over this error or it could be the  NRA is using this as a means to get special pricing from YETI. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• Buford CletusBuford Cletus Posts: 1,783 Captain
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:

As one of the first CC states and one with a lot of CCers you would think the crime rate would decrease.

All the good guys with guns just itching to stop bad guys with guns.......IS BS.......just a huge bunch of people with guns and more people getting shot for playing loud music and throwing popcorn.

Just remember someone with CC is just half a nut away from being a statistic....

We should just pass a law that prohibits the bad guys with guns from using said guns to commit crimes and then all would be good.
  • King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 6,597 Admiral
  • JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,523 Admiral
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:

The crime rate has plummeted since the Shall Issue Law passed in Florida.

But you have never been one to allow facts to get in the way of your ill informed opinions.

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/flcrime.htm

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/FSAC/Crime-Trends/Total-Index-Crimes

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/FSAC/Crime-Trends/Violent-Crime

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/FSAC/Crime-Trends/Total-Index-Crimes

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/FSAC/Crime-Trends/Property-Crime

edited April 2018 #86
    That argument didn't hold water in this latest Waffle House shooting, did it, Johnny?

And correlation is not causation. 

Ill informed, indeed.
    That argument didn't hold water in this latest Waffle House shooting, did it, Johnny?

And correlation is not causation. 

Ill informed, indeed.
    The guy was stopped well before he was done......
    By an unarmed man in a right to carry state.

That doesn't change that correlation is not causation, but it sure does blow a hole in your anecdotal contention from the other night.

By an unarmed man in a right to carry state.

That doesn't change that correlation is not causation, but it sure does blow a hole in your anecdotal contention from the other night.

No not at all......
    edited April 2018 #90
    So, correlation is causation, and Kentucky isn't a shall issue state with a mass killing in a restaurant?

I'll take that under advisement.
    So, correlation is causation, and Kentucky isn't a shall issue state?

I'll take that under advisement.
    Last I looked Kentucky is a shall issue state...... I carried last time I was there......

But what does Kentucky have to do with this?