Home Off Topic

Replies

• ScoutboatScoutboat Posts: 2,444 Captain
    When first conceived, the NRA's mission was to promote firearm safety and marksmanship.
    They've morphed into a money making political organization.
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,010 AG
    What are all the gun nuts going to do with their overpriced coolers now?
  • ScoutboatScoutboat Posts: 2,444 Captain
    I can't take it to that extreme.
    Folks who are interested in firearms are not necessarily gun nuts.
    I do agree that Yetis are overpriced.
    Jim
  • YnotjaxYnotjax Posts: 330 Deckhand
    I bought RTIC there tumblers are great,  their cooler if built like them must be great as well I do not care about the name but how well they work.  My twins got the Walmart knockoffs as well there great however on the 20oz ones the Walmart ones have a tapered bottom don't fit into the car cup holder as well. But still a great product for a lot less.
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 10,974 AG
    I do not own any yeti products.

Do not care.
  • Florida BullfrogFlorida Bullfrog Posts: 3,440 Captain
    I have some RTIC products and like them. One big cooler as an all purpose cooler and a small soft cooler I use for tent camping.

I just googled RTIC and RTIC just posted up a pro-2nd Amendment meme on their Facebook page half an hour ago. So they're definitely going to try to capitalize on Yeti's blunder. 

• King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 6,541 Admiral
    I have been a fan of their products over the years. I bought many Yeti coolers over the years, if that's their decision, 'F' them, no more purchases from me.  I have raved about their product line for years but there's others out there. 
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,543 AG
    Yeti look alike are everywhere now. It nearly seems as if they wanted to build them the cheapest way possible and then the country they took the manufacturing decided to steal their intellectual property and manufacturing process.
        I don’t know if they are in China, but that’s who I’m looking at.
         I have a big yeti that came with my boat. It’s the only one I will ever own.
  • Florida Ex-patFlorida Ex-pat Posts: 586 Officer

WOW.  Your derision is palpable.  You must be a real hoot in person. 
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,447 Admiral
    As long as Costa, Salt Life, and one or more light bar manufacturers don't also officially separate themselves from the NRA, the bro truck owners should be able to maintain their sense of self esteem.
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,010 AG
    edited April 2018 #12

Thanks.  It was supposed to be palpable.

But what do you think I should do with the RTIC cooler I just received as a present???

• riverdiverriverdiver Posts: 2,032 Captain

Thanks.  It was supposed to be palpable.

But what do you think I should do with the RTIC cooler I just received as a present???

Use it.

Or send it to me if you don't want it.
  • Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,444 AG
    Societal attitudes towards the gun culture are clearly changing, and with that corporate attitudes are changing too.

It's going to go the way of smoking, as far as non firearm related corporations attitudes go.
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 5,970 Admiral
    Social attitudes (mainly based on emotive irrational perceptions) are becoming a big issue in order to keep a pragmatic world.

Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English
    ********************************************************************************************************************************
    I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
    I'm not afraid of Coravirus but I'm scared by the paranoid pandemic army who ask for the sanitary naz**m.
    Vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Are they also going to drop all the other outdoor sites and organizations they advertise on?
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 9,038 Moderator
    Are they also going to drop all the other outdoor sites and organizations they advertise on?
    Why would they?

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• DOCKSIDEDOCKSIDE Posts: 1,872 Captain
    King_Me said:
    I have been a fan of their products over the years. I bought many Yeti coolers over the years, if that's their decision, 'F' them, no more purchases from me.  I have raved about their product line for years but there's others out there. 
    Seriously?  :D  You are going to stop buying their products because they dropped the NRA  :D 
    Thanks I needed a laugh this morning. :D 

yes I am...
    somewhere south of disorder and on earth... mostly .
    ..............................................................................
    IBEW LU 433
    Why would they?
    Are you serious??
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,563 AG
    Don't know what Yeti was thinking, but they will definitely see their sales drop.  

Rtic should pick up the NRA foundation.

Captain Todd Approves

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 5,344 Admiral
    It will hurt them. They used the NRA to build their name. I am sure the NRA cost Yeti a lot in (advertising) free products for the convention and local rallies. It may be they can't financially do it anymore. They should have come out with that, if that is the reason.  
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 5,344 Admiral
    It will hurt them. They used the NRA to build their name. I am sure the NRA cost Yeti a lot in (advertising) free products for the convention and local rallies. It may be they can't financially do it anymore. They should have come out with that, if that is the reason.  
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,563 AG
    Many won't care, but outdoorsman are the majority of their customers.  Many of them are probably more loyal to the NRA than a trendy cooler.

Certainly the ratio to customers dropped will be higher than new customers.  

Captain Todd Approves

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,254 AG
    ice is cheap.  i've never needed to have it more than 10hrs in a cooler.  
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,750 AG
    Companies that ended their relationship with the NRA

Yeti
    REI
    Delta Airlines
    United Airlines
    MetLife
    First National Bank
    Enterprise Rent A Car
    Hertz
    Budget Car Rental
    Allied and North American Van Lines
    North America Van Lines
    Symantic
    Wyndham Hotels
    Best Western
    Paramount RX
    Vote for the other candidate
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 9,038 Moderator
    Mister-Jr said:
    Companies that ended their relationship with the NRA

Yeti
    REI
    Delta Airlines
    United Airlines
    MetLife
    First National Bank
    Enterprise Rent A Car
    Hertz
    Budget Car Rental
    Allied and North American Van Lines
    North America Van Lines
    Symantic
    Wyndham Hotels
    Best Western
    Paramount RX
    And according to some they are all run by idiots who will cost their companies untold business. Highly unlikely IMO.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    How the nra went from a safety and gun education group to the largest lobbyist for gun manufacturers and a shill for anti-common sense gun laws. Nasty, conniving people run this lobbyist pro gun agenda.

In Gunned Down: The Power of the NRA, FRONTLINE goes inside the politics of America’s gun debate. Veteran FRONTLINE filmmaker Michael Kirk investigates the NRA, its political evolution and influence, and how it has consistently succeeded in defeating new gun control legislation.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/gunned-down/

• FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral
    Scoutboat said:
    When first conceived, the NRA's mission was to promote firearm safety and marksmanship.
    thank god an organization is out there protecting our second amendment rights

I have been a NRA member since 1976. And will continue to be one. 
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,750 AG
    Finfinder said:
    Scoutboat said:

Difficult to believe people still fall for that con.  
    Vote for the other candidate
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral
    edited April 2018 #31
    Mister-Jr said:
    Finfinder said:
    Scoutboat said:

Difficult to believe people still fall for that con.  
    Interesting you say that since Im thinking your falling for the  MSNBC, CNN, and high school social justice warriors con.   

BTW Im not an NRA member