Edgewater New Smyrna North Mosquito Lagoon Backcountry

Water temperatures are finally back to normal for April after a back and forth winter / spring pattern with cold January, warm February, and back to cold March. Fish patterns were confused with an early start to the coastal migrations, then the cold March halted the spring movements, to continue again during April. Good news so far on water quality in my area, clear to normal water conditions with continuing help by our close location to Ponce Inlet and daily tidal influx of sea water. I had a good Black Drum season all through the period with back water fish of 5 lbs down to little ones, they were along the channels and sloughs as well in in holes.Shrimp being my usual daily natural bait, which the Drum are happy to eat. Young Parker was the winner of big fish on a trip with his family and  friends........................

But Caleb battled some good ones also...............................

Having a few back waters fly fishing trips lately, in the deeper channels , drop offs, and edges of holes, I use a sink tip line with weighted flies which I tie myself, Kristin caught Trout, Jacks, and Ladyfish on my "Savedow Special" fly...............

Repeat client Dr Leonard from Canada did a couple fly trips, same tactics and flies, catching a bunch of Trout and Ladyfish, including a 23" Speckled Trout......................

For a break tossing a few shrimp in between fly casting, Dr. L caught some of the other usual species too, Jacks , Blues and a nice Snook out of some Mangrove Roots..................

Gabby from Salt Lake City got a good Drum too..................

It would not be spring with out many fun Jack Crevalle bending our rods.........................

Capt Michael Savedow
http://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com
386-689-3781

http://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com, Mosquito Lagoon Indian River Backcountry, Children Welcome, Fair Prices. Call or text 386-689-3781 Edgewater River Guide, Inc. since 2003. Capt. Michael Savedow