favorite mixed drink

2»

Replies

• Keep on SpoolinKeep on Spoolin Posts: 1,314 Officer
    Crown royal black label or reserve with spite and a lime wedge, sometimes I drink just black label crown on the rocks.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 8,634 Admiral
    Tito and tonic, lime is my go to drink. I do like a couple fingers Angels Envy, Wellers 12, Basil Hayden, or Dickel Barrel Select in the evening. 1 ice cube.
    everything but the Tito's and tonic.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 22,741 AG
    edited April 23 #34
    Cracker Smacker.

Juice of one old timey Florida grapefruit just off the tree. Juice of one rough lemon (Citrus  jambhiri) fresh off the tree. 2-3 ounces Gin. Ice cubes.

I made it up, my wife named it. Very refreshing.

133cbf2b243368b1ddb2f591a1988076--beach-posters-florida-travel.jpg
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 8,483 Admiral
    Went out Saturday night for a couple drinks.  Had a green tea shot, and then a johnny vegas.  Both were good, the johnny vegas was a little harsh, i think they used well tequila.   
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 4,785 Captain
    Coconut mojitos
  • snipes27snipes27 Posts: 86 Greenhorn
    Deep Eddy Ruby Grapefruit Vodka and Sprite.. Deep Eddy SweetTea Vodka and Publix Lemonade... Papa Pillar Blonde and Ginger Ale. That's lately... More of a craft beer guy. 
  • mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 6,428 Admiral
    I love whiskey and ginger ale.

Captain Todd Approves

• FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,543 Admiral
    Cyclist said:
    Cracker Smacker.

Juice of one old timey Florida grapefruit just off the tree. Juice of one rough lemon (Citrus  jambhiri) fresh off the tree. 2-3 ounces Gin. Ice cubes.

You should throw in an olive stuffed with some of the 2 year old mackerel you have in your freezer.  
    Finfinder said:
    Cyclist said:
    Cracker Smacker.

You should throw in an olive stuffed with some of the 2 year old mackerel you have in your freezer.  
    naw, that's for dip and umami flavoring
  • tankardtankard Posts: 6,386 Admiral

Dark and Stormy, but they're just too sweet to drink too often.

Vodka and grapefruit with a splash of soda is pretty **** refreshing.

I'm way more of a beer guy though.

• Conchy CritterConchy Critter Posts: 1,124 Officer
    Paloma made with a good Mezcal

2 OZ Montelobos Mezcal Joven
    .5 OZ LIME JUICE
    GRAPEFRUIT SODA
    PINCH OF SALT
    SALT FOR RIM
    GRAPEFRUIT TWIST
  • lakemanlakeman Posts: 710 Officer
    Margarita made from FRESH lemon/lime NO SUGAR.  Pisco Sour , bloody Mary, made with Spicy V8 and regular additives and GOOD vodka.
  • jcbcpajcbcpa Posts: 1,453 Officer
    My everyday drink is Jameson. I prefer it neat, but I sometimes add ice and a shot of water.
    I also will drink gin and tonic in the summer and sometimes a rusty nail. 
    I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.
    Herbert Bayard Swope
    US editor & journalist (1882 - 1958)
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 10,465 AG
    Bourbon on the rocks is my go to.
    BUT when we go on a cruise it's either a pina colada with a 151 floater or a long island ice tea.
    I guess being on vacation is just sweet.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
    jcbcpa said:
    My everyday drink is Jameson. I prefer it neat, but I sometimes add ice and a shot of water.
    I also will drink gin and tonic in the summer and sometimes a rusty nail. 
    That's all my wife drinks. With a LARGE cube. Or else some Clontarch, Bushmills or Yellow Spot or Tully.
  • sk018sk018 Posts: 2,823 Captain

3 parts Tito's or Deep Eddy Vodka 1 part sprite zero

in keys- Sailor Jerry rum with diet coke or diet dr pepper

• Ron@.38 Special[email protected] Special Posts: 6,773 Admiral

Margarita with fresh key limes, agave syrup, and tequila.

Or,

Hendricks Gin with a sliver of cucumber

Had some Fishhawks Absinthe the other day plain and it was pretty good. Made in Ocala I think.

http://www.fishhawkspirits.com/absinthia-rubra.html

http://www.fishhawkspirits.com/home.html

• Team SabatageTeam Sabatage Posts: 12,817 AG
    Jamesons in my coffee, my own special recipe Bloody Mary for breakfast, Mojito in the hot afternoon and Jamesons neat in the evening.

Bloody Mary, V-8 juice with a shake of  garlic powder, italian herb seasoning, cumin, paprika, splash of A-1, tsp of horseradish.  Dress with celery stick, speared olive and 3 extra large shrimp.
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
    The Jameson's that is aged in the IPA barrels is very good on the rocks.   
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
    Cyclist said:
    Had some Fishhawks Absinthe the other day plain and it was pretty good. Made in Ocala I think.

http://www.fishhawkspirits.com/absinthia-rubra.html

http://www.fishhawkspirits.com/home.html

The Fish Hawks absinthe is the only booze they make that is worth a ****, and that could be because I have no idea what it is supposed to taste like.

Their rum and whisky both suck royally.

I've had Absinthe before as well.    That stuff will put you in another world.     
  • Florida BullfrogFlorida Bullfrog Posts: 1,549 Captain
    edited April 26 #54
    I've tried absinthe before a few times and wasn't impressed with the taste. Nor did it particularly have an effect on me. I felt like it was more about the appearance of the mystique than anything. Like it was something I should have been sipping while sharing deep thoughts with Trent Reznor and Marilyn Manson. :D
    I don't think we get the real stuff in the States.
    tankard said:
    I don't think we get the real stuff in the States.
    They lifted the ban in 2008 on wormwood we get the real stuff now.  But i'm sure it's watered down.  
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 3,835 Captain
    2 shots of good tequila, half a lime cut in threes muddled in there, club soda, a little bit of fresh ginger grated in and 1-2 slices of raw jalapeno slices thrown in.  Gives a nice spice touch to it.  Great in the summer

2»