MINWR Scheduled PUBLIC MEETINGS
Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge
Invites the Public to Attend Waterfowl Hunt Workshops
Titusville, FL: The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service) is holding two waterfowl hunt workshops for Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge (NWR, Refuge), as listed.
· Wednesday, May 2, 2018 - 5:00-6:45 pm, Port St. John Public Library, 6500 Carole Ave, Cocoa, FL 32927
· Saturday, May 5, 2018 - 10:00-11:45 am, Titusville Public Library, 2121 S. Hopkins Ave, Titusville, FL 32780
The public is invited to attend either or both workshops; each of the workshops will be similar. We will discuss the Refuge’s history and impoundment development; biological trends and habitat management; the waterfowl hunt program, including hunting ethics and safety; and your ideas, concerns, and comments for the waterfowl hunt program.
Ideas, concerns, and comments regarding the waterfowl hunt program at Merritt Island NWR may be submitted to the Refuge:
· In person at either of the workshops;
· In writing by email to [email protected]; or
· In writing by mail to Waterfowl Hunt, Merritt Island NWR, P.O. Box 2683, Titusville, FL 32781-2683.
We look forward to seeing you at one of the workshops and/or hearing from you.
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is committed to providing access to this public meeting for all participants. If you need alternative formats or services because of a disability or have any questions concerning a reasonable accommodation, please contact Ms. Julia Bumbaca at 703-358-2349 or [email protected], TTY 800-877-8339 with your request by close of business April 25, 2018. Please direct all requests for sign language interpreting services, closed captioning, or other accommodation needs to Ms. Bumbaca by this date.