***FFT XVII - JULY 14, 2018 SAVE THE DATE***

2»

Replies

• Flatwater witchFlatwater witch Posts: 596 Officer
    See that it is same as new place last year
    Son of a Pizza...........
    Looking forward to it.

Renagade69 wrote: »
    Either you are mechanically inclined ore your not. The fact you had to ask told me that you can not do it. Its ok, not every one has this ability. Some people just have to pay.
  • Captain BackyardCaptain Backyard Posts: 431 Deckhand
    edited July 9 #33
    We've pre-fished twice in the last week. Have you guys noticed the absence of mosquitos and noseeums at the marina and throughout the park? I havent had one mosquito bite nor was the front of our trucks covered with them. Kind of weird for summer. 
  • gladesrunnergladesrunner Posts: 113 Deckhand
    same here....deer flies are in full effect. I've launched pre-dawn and early morning with the fam and no mosquitoes....

They will all mature and be at full vampire strength by 7/14...
    I think the new FFT organizers took care of the bug problems throughout the Park.
    Either you are mechanically inclined ore your not. The fact you had to ask told me that you can not do it. Its ok, not every one has this ability. Some people just have to pay.
  • SandalousSandalous Posts: 29 Greenhorn
    A lot of people are talking about the absence of mosquitoes! Most theories involve Hurricane Irma. Some people are saying that the same thing happened after Wilma in 2005.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow at Lincoln's Beard, 7PM sharp please!
  • TGunnTGunn Posts: 1,819 Captain

The bugs are the only thing we can rely on to keep Cape Sable from turning into Elliot Key.  

Personally I've heard since the hurricane the raccoons are all over 40lbs, the ospreys and eagles are picking off small children, crocodiles are eating lower units and the deer flies have all contracted HIV.

• TGunnTGunn Posts: 1,819 Captain
    Oh and I saw a sharknado on Sunday.  I forgot about that.

Congrats to Adam and Nick on First Place !!!!!!

Great seeing everyone.

Great job Luke.

• Pucker FactorPucker Factor Posts: 875 Officer

Thanks Jacko!! Was even that much tougher with the old blood and new blood to make up the 52 boats this past weekend that Luke was able to coax to come up to play.

Huge thanks to the sponsors.

The best news is that Capt Lemay can go back to the park and continue fishing since all the madness has slowed down.

As for the triple tail, I do not think they faired as well. Man they were EVERYWHERE. We saw 20X more TT than redfish

• lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 2,939 Captain
    I was there today (clocked 76 miles round trip... ) - and I 'll be there again tomorrow.  Can anyone tell me why there aren't any mosquitoes at the boat ramp?     Can't remember conditions like this in summer... 
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • Captain BackyardCaptain Backyard Posts: 431 Deckhand
    edited July 17 #42
    Some guys said that it was from Hurricane Irma but I wasn't in the park all year to see if there were any bugs until recently this July when I didn't get bit by any in 3 trips. Maybe the water quality is so bad they can't reproduce in it? Lmao...
    Bob, my partner and I absolutely hammered the triple tail during our prefishing trips for this tournament. Invited a few home for dinner as well.
  • SandalousSandalous Posts: 29 Greenhorn
    A full recap will be posted soon, but here are the numbers:

• COBRACOBRA Posts: 248 Deckhand
    Great job on the tournament guys, always a classy act!!
    The PHAKAWI  will be gunning for a 1st place spot next year.
2»