New Egret owner.

troutman11troutman11 Eastern NCPosts: 3 Greenhorn
I will be wet testing my firat 189 Egret on Tuesday!  I hope it's all I'm expecting! 

Replies

• Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,002 Officer
    If your going to be in that little river boat ramp near the shop. Then you'll just be excited that you have a new boat, with the new boat smell and all the storage. Maybe it's a little more stable or faster than you're last one. But until you get in a good chop you won't get the big smile and say to yourself that "I made the right decision". Don't be afraid to push the throttle.
  • troutman11troutman11 Eastern NCPosts: 3 Greenhorn
    Haha no its used and I will be in Chesapeake Bay!  Thanks for the reply!
  • Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,002 Officer
    Stand up, hold on and tell the guy to show you what it will do straight into a chop at 30 mph and then again at 40 mph. Let me know what you think.
  • ckfrankckfrank Posts: 61 Greenhorn
    I've had mine for 16 years, and am still impressed every time I take it out.
  • troutman11troutman11 Eastern NCPosts: 3 Greenhorn
    Well I tried it but didn't buy it. I have to say for a 18 foot flats boat it was impressive! I decided a bit bigger boat would better meet my needs. I may revisit the Egret later on. Seemed I had to play with the tabs more than I expected to keep the boat level. I believe if I could've brought it home and kept it a few weeks I could have gotten more comfortable with it but that wasn't an option! 
  • Vinny lVinny l Posts: 282 Deckhand
    Try the Moccasin 210