Went Tuna fishing and were attacked by Green Hornets

CNTDRCNTDR Great Harbor Cay, BahamasPosts: 860 Officer
Was invited on a friends Contender 39. Very sweet boat!
We only saw a couple of flocks, unfortunately they were moving fast and never slowed down. We then spotted a Frigate, on the radar, he was on deck and flying fish were everywhere. As soon as we deployed a couple of ballyhoo, we were hooked up. Boated a 15lb and a 30lb Mahi. We then continued our hunt for Tuna and found a huge east/west weedline that seemed to go on forever. 
We picked off 5 Mahi on that line and another 5 off a different line. Left them biting as we had enough "Green Hornets" in the box and headed back home. Even though we didn't catch out targeted species, the weather was awesome and we had a gret time!
Great Harbor Cay, Berry Islands, Bahamas
pm me for rental info.

Replies

• pjepje Orlando , FlPosts: 522 Officer
    Nice job on the mahi , seems like the YFT fishing has been slow this year . Where were you at ?
  • Reel MusselReel Mussel Posts: 242 Deckhand

Hope to see more Mahi show up near the house soon.  Thanks for the report.

Greg,

2017 Cape Horn 24OS

• Gary MGary M Posts: 13,108 AG
    Why doesn't the photo post full size?
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,337 Captain
    Good report and nice phin
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • Team Shark FeverTeam Shark Fever Posts: 8 Greenhorn
    Nice dolphin pje . Where were you targetting the tuna and what time of the day ?
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 4,497 Captain
    edited May 15 #8
    Gary M said:
    Why doesn't the photo post full size?
    The new web site provider they are using does that after so long of a time.  Click on the photo's text & it will open full size.
    Nice dolphin pje . Where were you targetting the tuna and what time of the day ?
     That's the OP's fish , I copied his pic in to my post so that it would be full size