Little Trip to Tampa

lifeorblifeorb tampaPosts: 1 Greenhorn
edited April 3 in Angler On Foot #1
Hey guys and gals! I will be visiting Tampa in late April and I was looking for what will be biting inshore/what to use to catch em.
I do a ton of bass fishing in the chicagoland area, but I wanted to get a saltwater experience too.

thanks in advance for any info.

Replies

• Oldsmar GuyOldsmar Guy Posts: 25 Greenhorn
    Hey, I'm new to the forum, but not new to fishing - I do inshore fishing. During late April, our flats should be on fire. Most fish have made their transition from the backcountry and rivers to the flats. Wading the flats, you should be able to get on Snook, Reds, and Trout. Additionally, you might be able to find some big, bruiser Snook along the beaches and passes. Since you're a bass fisherman, you will most likely be throwing some artis, so if you plan on wading the flats, I would recommend trying to cover the entire water column - a ZaraSpook for topwater, a Mirrodine for the middle column, and either a plastic jig (paddletail/bucktail) or a gold spoon for the bottom. Be observant of your area that you are fishing and look for mullet schools and moving water and you should be able to get on some fish.