Considering Repowering

Last-CastLast-Cast Posts: 195 Deckhand

My hull is a 1997 and is the fiberglass 1811 model. I'm looking at the Yamaha 150 (4cylinder) and the Mercury Pro XS Opti 150 which only weighs 14 pounds more (6 cylinder). Am I missing something? I still have the original Pro V 150 Yamaha which is a 2 cycle 6 cylinder

Egret 189
Maverick 17T sold

Replies

• FlatsBoyFlatsBoy Posts: 1,299 Officer
    edited April 2 #2
    If I was going to re power. I would not put a Optimax on. They are great motors and and I had several of them from 115 to 250 Pro XS. They are older technology and being replaced by there new 4 stroke line and being phased out. I would go with the new 150 4 stoke which is a Pro XS which isn't that much heavier the Yamaha. But good luck in finding a Yamaha 200 4 cylinder.

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/engines/outboard/pro-xs/150-pro-xs-fourstroke/#specifications
  • Vinny lVinny l Posts: 282 Deckhand
    What’s an 1811 model?
    edited April 2 #4
    He meant 189 i'm sure 1811 does not exist.
  • Vinny lVinny l Posts: 282 Deckhand
    👍
  • Flatwater witchFlatwater witch Posts: 592 Officer

Owners have been moving over to the Merc 150 four stroke. Quiet motor, fuel efficient.

Search on here for a report from Egrets Landing.

Like FlatsBoy  said....Long waiting list for Yammie motors.

Renagade69 wrote: »
    Either you are mechanically inclined ore your not. The fact you had to ask told me that you can not do it. Its ok, not every one has this ability. Some people just have to pay.
  • smallblock342smallblock342 Posts: 36 Greenhorn
    the 1811 is the cross between the 18'9 and 2011. has a padded bottom. only a few built. super rare.
    the 1811 is the cross between the 18'9 and 2011. has a padded bottom. only a few built. super rare.

LOL
  • Last-CastLast-Cast Posts: 195 Deckhand
    Shameless plug for Steve's Outboards. He rebuilt the engine with the help of a new power head from Yamaha
    Egret 189
    Maverick 17T sold