Home West Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Flats Stumped...

I am on a serious slump! Granted I have always had to work hard to get a few fish each trip but the past few months has been ridiculous. Regular holes aren't producing, new spots that should hold fish are nill. It's embarrassing.  Been killing monster sheeps though but I'm over that mess.

Replies

• AaronCannonAaronCannon Northwest ArkansasPosts: 852 Officer
    You mean 'last few months', like winter?  Find deeper holes, grass next to dark mud, areas where the sun gets to 1st, stays longest. Seawalls on the west side of creeks warm up earlier.
    The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
    Jeff Cooper
  • burnestburnest Posts: 15 Greenhorn
    Winter is not friendly to me either. 
  • FusionZ06FusionZ06 Posts: 1,013 Officer
    Redfish have been a bit lacking. Snook have been prolific. I would suggest you cover ground and find the fish with chum. 
  • haydenfox!#$haydenfox!#$ Posts: 2,406 Captain
    The snook deal is a surprise. After 3 hours and 3 trout yesterday on the flats my buddy and I headed to a bridge for some sheephead. I told him about how in the summer the guides slam snook off the bumpers on the regular. Sure enough there was a guide there pulling nice snook off the bumpers with white bait.  Water was 68 degrees. I would have never thought.  I can't find baot either and my boat isn't suited for the Skyway in a blow.

Slump started in summer.
  • lukkyracerlukkyracer Posts: 745 Officer
    My guess is it will all change soon. Should be game on.