Places to eat near Port St. Joe

KlingerKlinger Posts: 1,659 Captain
A friend and his family are renting a place (I think on Cape Sand Blas) and was wondering if anybody has any recommendations for restaurants in the area.  I haven't fished that area much in the last couple of years and don't know what's available.

Thanks!
In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams

Replies

• SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 2,155 Captain
    The raw bar is about it 
    You should have been here yesterday
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 9,016 Admiral
    edited April 2 #3
    On the Cape...

Skullys just opened last year on the Cape. Just North of the Marathon gas station on the right side. They do take out low country boils, steamed shrimp and a few other menu items. FREE beer while you wait. Food is great.

At the beginning the Cape just after you turn on the Cape road is Scallop Republic on the right. Look for the flags. They usally live music. Not serving food yet but you're welcome to bring food in and enjoy the back deck. Its waterfront but no dock. Nice view of the bay on the back deck.

Coneheads is at the end of the Cape just before the State Park. Great burgers, oysters and cold beer. No view but pretty good food. It can get crowded with the campers from the State Park. Check hours too. They don't seem to care when they're open.

The Sand Bucket Smokehouse is a little further down the road than Scallop Republic and on your left as you're driving on to the Cape. They have typical bbq, fried fish and some **** good wings.

Those are all on the Cape.

Port St Joe has over a dozen good spots. Docksides at the Marina, Shoobies, Tripletails, The Thirsty Goat at the Port Inn, say "Hi" to Trish and David, the owners. Good folks. Sunset Grill, nice waterfront. Provision has excellent Italian food. KrazyFish good seafood and bar area. Joe Mamas Pizza for good pies.

Indian Pass Raw bar is infamous and they opened one in Port St Joe with an expanded and better menu, IMO.

Have fun!
  • KlingerKlinger Posts: 1,659 Captain
    Super!  Thanks!
    In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 9,016 Admiral
    edited April 1 #5
    Let me know if you ever need a rental on the Cape. I have 4 units ranging from 2bed/2bath townhomes to 4 bed/5bath homes that sleep 12.
  • SAENoleSAENole Posts: 10,092 AG
    Toucan's in Mexico Beach!

New owners just took over a couple of weeks ago.  
    I may be entitled to compensation.
  • Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,128 Admiral
    This thread is making me hungry!