Places to eat near Port St. Joe

A friend and his family are renting a place (I think on Cape Sand Blas) and was wondering if anybody has any recommendations for restaurants in the area.  I haven't fished that area much in the last couple of years and don't know what's available.

Thanks!
In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams

Replies

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,778 Captain
    Indian Pass Raw Bar
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • FamilyfisherFamilyfisher Posts: 2,848 Captain
    Shipwreck Raw Bar.  Not the biggest selection in the state, but the food we've had there was really good.
    Proverbs 13:3
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 3,260 Moderator
    edited April 2018 #4
    Killer seafood in Mex beach is great. Never had a bad meal.

." why would someone want to be a moderator in the first place?"

"There is no compensation for that task other than the satisfaction one might get from being an ***."

mindyabizness

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• ResinheadResinhead Posts: 9,820 Admiral
    I answered you over in the panhandle thread. Lots of options on the Cape and PSJ.

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/discussion/256394/places-to-eat-near-port-st-joe#latest
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 3,260 Moderator
    As I think about it, Provisions in PSJ is very good. Peppers (mex) , Paul Gants BBQ (takeout), Joe Mama's Pizza are all good. The Pig actually has a pretty good hot bar (meat and 2). I'll get it to go and sit at the park in front of the marina and eat.

If you drive to Mex Beach, Killer is very good, Toucans is pretty good with a great sunset view upstairs, The Fish House for breakfast.

." why would someone want to be a moderator in the first place?"

"There is no compensation for that task other than the satisfaction one might get from being an ***."

mindyabizness

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• GANDERGANDER Posts: 344 Deckhand
    Second on Peppers for Mexican in PSJ. 
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Posts: 2,106 Captain

I'm taking a POLL! All 'yall help me a little bit!

I stock the Pigley Wigley stores in Apalachicola and SGI with my grits and cornmeal. Lady who handles stocking the Apalach store tells me that restaurants in Panama City pretty well clean her out on grits, and suggests to me that I contact the seafood restaurants in PC directly. I'm just a One Man Operation, old as hell, and don't have time to identify which ones that I should contact, so....

Tell me which ones between St. Marks and Pensacola would be the best to contact. These smoked grits are a "natural" with seafood, and if I can make a dozen or so contacts I'll be able to hire help and start surf fishing!

• JTRJTR Posts: 1,104 Officer

Ya, know.........

A few weeks ago we were staying on St. George and had breakfast at the BBQ Pit.

Had grits with my breakfast and they were smoked grits. Really were good, made me wonder if they were yours.

• woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Posts: 2,106 Captain
    Yes, my grits. Came from the Island Pigley Wigley..