Home West Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Boat Storage - Palm Harbor Area

Hi all, I'm looking for opinions on what to do with my 20' bay boat that is currently trailered from my house in North Tampa.  I will be moving to Palm Harbor soon, and will not have anywhere to store my boat at the new house.  I have been pondering both high and dry and storing at a boat/rv storage lot on its trailer.  

I like the idea of having it stored high and dry, but the questions that I have would include what to do with the trailer and also how do I keep the trolling motor batteries charged on a rack.  On the other hand, storing at a lot on the trailer gives the flexibility of being able to grab it and take it to whichever body of water I'd like to fish, as well as it being typically cheaper.  And I'm also not sure about the battery charging capabilities for this option.  

Anyone that has any experience with the pro's and con's above (or any others that I may be overlooking), I'd certainly appreciate your input.  Also, if you have any recommendations on facilities that you've had luck with, that would be great as well.  

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• MattNMattN Posts: 26 Greenhorn
    There are a couple of places in the Dunedin/Palm Harbor area that will allow you to store your boat on the trailer and will even launch it for you. I’m blanking on their names, but a friend had his boat there. That way you have the best of both worlds. Take a drive along alt 19 North of Dunedin causeway and see what you find. 
  • GratefulEdGratefulEd Posts: 316 Deckhand
    I second Matt’s advice-
    really big and brand-new lot between Tarpon and Palm Harbor on alt 19
    Its like 3 minutes from Sutherland bayou ramp and about 20 minutes from Anclote Ramps
  • Dalesimp21Dalesimp21 Posts: 12 Greenhorn
    Great, thanks gents, will take a drive this weekend to check them out. 
  • fishinggfishingg Posts: 38 Deckhand
    check out Stamas in Tarpon Springs, they have there own ramp, also you could call doc of the bay in Tarpon, they also have there own ramp,I had my boat there for years.