cape coral vacation fishing report

3 days of fishing and I have one mackeral and a nice trout. Tough fishing for me this trip. All the usually spots are over run with fishing lights. Seems like every one fishing has two lights and they arnt afraid to use them. Going to try the pier again tonight and maybe blind pass if that doesnt work I may just hang out at the beach for the rest of the trip. Hopefully the warmer weather helps

Replies

• Hobbs28midsouthHobbs28midsouth Posts: 90 Greenhorn
    spent last night at sanibel pier. A ton of Spanish mackerel were being caught. A couple tarpon rolled at the pier along with what i thought was a big kingfish but i just caught it out of the corner of my eye. Caught one nice sized blue fish and got cut off by something.  Went to the beach with the family today and managed one small jack in between finding shells with the kids. Tons of glass minnows and a ton on birds about two miles. down the beach. i didnt have time to investigate unfortunately 
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,805 Captain
    Thanks for the report
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • Capt Dan MedinaCapt Dan Medina Posts: 761 Officer
    water temps still chilly... let them get up another 5-10 degrees and it will be game on everywhere!
    www.SaltyFishingCharters.com 33 Ft World Cat Tournament Edition Catamaran
    Offshore Fishing Charters FT Myers, Sanibel, Captiva, Cape Coral
    spent last night with Kmagnuss. Two tarpon and a big black drum. Great night and helped ease the pain of the tough fishing the paat week. 
  • WadeFishermanWadeFisherman Posts: 437 Deckhand
    Anytime you see diving birds, you have to investigate. Some classic times are beheld at such an event. Probably it was snook and jacks smashing up the minnows.
    Found them the next day in the same spot but no fish just birds as far as i could tell

• ScottaenglundScottaenglund Posts: 77 Greenhorn
    If it were me, I’d change tactics. I find that trolling a few spoons works pretty well. Between 5 and 7 knots.  Silver seems to work better than gold. And I usually add a 1.5oz inline weight, which keeps it just below the surface. 

Good luck