Fishing & Navigation Chart

camgcicamgci Posts: 185 Deckhand
A couple of years ago I read about a new navigation chip coming out covering the everglades down to the keys showing navigation tracks etc. I think it was developed by a local person, not a Navionics or FS. I know it wouldn't work in a Garmin which is what I had so I didn't pay a lot of attention to it. Does anyone know the name of it. Thanks

Replies

• 91tiger91tiger Posts: 536 Officer

Florida Marine Tracks, it is fantastic.  Glenn, a fellow Egret Owner made the cards and all the navigational trails are set up for a Egret 189 to be able to run safely, because that is what he is running.  Imaging is so much better than Navionics it's not funny. 

https://floridamarinetracks.com/

• camgcicamgci Posts: 185 Deckhand
    That's it Thanks Does it also show any recommended fishing spots?
  • Flatwater witchFlatwater witch Posts: 592 Officer

FMT is great for navigation.

No fishing hotspots, but you can review imaging for fishing areas.Potholes, bars, channels, grass beds etc.

Renagade69 wrote: »
    Either you are mechanically inclined ore your not. The fact you had to ask told me that you can not do it. Its ok, not every one has this ability. Some people just have to pay.
  • 91tiger91tiger Posts: 536 Officer
    I'm not sure Glenn fishes much to mark hot spots.  Her just burns a hell of a lot of gas making his maps. 
  • Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,002 Officer
    FMT has wrecks
  • Egrets LandingEgrets Landing Posts: 934 Officer
    FMT has wrecks
    And all of the Artificial Reefs.