Haulover/Miami Fishing Report - 3/24

Its been awhile since I last posted a report, but it does not mean I have not been fishing.  I am very fortunate that I get out almost every weekend.  Here is my report from yesterday.

We started fishing to the south.   Kite fishing for Sailfish was the plan, but unfortunately none came into our spread.  We did end up with a King and a school of Mahi swimming into the spread.  We got four before they moved on.   We got one more school of Mahi swim through, but could only get one before they took off.   Also caught about a dozen Bonito, of which I kept about half for future bait (Bonito Strip bait).  After a few hours decided to mix it up and do some reef fishing and caught several Mangrove Snapper and nice Trigger fish.   A bunch of undersize Mutton's.   Changed to plan C and ended up with 4 Blackfin Tuna and one big Amberjack.   I recommended against keeping the AJ, but my friends decided they wanted to keep it anyway - they didn't seem to  care about the worms (cut them out :-)) and the possible Ciguatera Poisoning.  We are all adults, so home it went.

Total tally for the day:  5 Mahi, 4 Blackfin, 1 King, 1 Amberjack, 1 Triggerfish, 3 Mangrove Snapper, and 5 Bonito's for strip bait and 7 more throwbacks

2016 Sea Hunt 225 Ultra / 250HP Yamaha

2014 Sea Hunt BX 22 BR / 250HP Yamaha **Retired**

Replies

• EdBEdB Posts: 51 Greenhorn
    Very nice haul - congrats 
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,502 Captain
    Great haul
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • CaptJCaptJ Posts: 593 Officer
    Sweet!

• MagooMagoo Posts: 47 Greenhorn
    Congratulations! What a great catch. Thank you for posting.
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 3,804 Captain
    Nice variety! 

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• alacrityalacrity Posts: 2,661 Captain
    nice report. good to see someone catching fish

***THE GUY IN MY AVATAR IS BLAIR WICKSTROM***

• Ron@.38 Special[email protected] Special Posts: 6,798 Admiral
    Why the hate on Blair there Raf....
  • Flight RiskFlight Risk Posts: 2,431 Captain
    Great day out there Tomm!  Haven't seen a report from you in a long time. Keep em' coming.  Also, are you planning a crossing this summer?

Pura Vida!
  • Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,453 Officer
    Way to go nice catch.
  • chasinfinschasinfins Posts: 132 Deckhand
    Very nice. Every need a another person to split expenses give me a ring
    follow me on instagram @woodzandwater
  • TommTomm Posts: 359 Deckhand
    Great day out there Tomm!  Haven't seen a report from you in a long time. Keep em' coming.  Also, are you planning a crossing this summer?
    Yes, I have not been posting in awhile but will start to do so again.   Been posting more in my fishing club Facebook page.   Crossing has become a ritual for me..... a couple of times in Winter for Wahoo, then a couple of times in the Summer....got a few weekends blocked off in July and August if the weather allows.  What about you?
    2016 Sea Hunt 225 Ultra / 250HP Yamaha

2014 Sea Hunt BX 22 BR / 250HP Yamaha **Retired**