3/18/18 Bachelor Party and lots of grouper

Got a message that a Group of 6 guys were down for a bachelor party fishing trip, and unfortunately they had been cancelled on.  I had a cancellation for Sunday and the weather looked prime, so I said lets roll! We met up at the Punta Rassa boat ramp at 0630 and pushed out into the blue. We stopped to pick up a mix of live baits on the sabiki before continuing our run. I marked a few shows. The first 3 shows I would have one guy drop down a piece of cut bait to "prospect".  Each first drop resulted in a keeper grouper coming onboard. We would circle back around and drift the areas again with 6 lines , all with different baits, and we wouldnt catch another keeper... We pushed out deeper and deeper. It wasnt a crazy on fire bite, but between the snapper and shorts, the rods stayed bent and we picked away at a great fish box. We hit one area which didnt have much of a show, but gave it a shot as it have a slight roll that fell off a few feet in a short distance.  This area resulted in 4 keeper grouper making the box and we missed a few more nice ones here too.   We tried hitting a newfound wreck for some ajs, but they werent in the mood to cooperate. Instead, we had a few cudas hook up along with a few nice 17-18" lane snappers. 
The weather was perfect, lots of laughs and smiles, and a great day.  We ended up with 11 Red Grouper In the box, 1 short of our 6 man limit.  

www.SaltyFishingCharters.com 33 Ft World Cat Tournament Edition Catamaran
Offshore Fishing Charters FT Myers, Sanibel, Captiva, Cape Coral

Replies