Offshore 3/17/2018

headed offshore yesterday morning, calm seas and a great run out. Lots of bait and tons of jellyfish everywhere. Stopped on a show in 107 ft. and quickly boxed 3 grouper and a real nice Mang. Caught a 5 ft shark, but couldn't figure what kind. Cut the leader and watched it swim back down. There were tons of vermillion and lanes, but didn't keep but 1, being my buddy wanted to try one for the table. Oddly enough, the grouper bite completely shut down the rest of the day. Maybe caught two shorts over the next couple hours. Weird, shows everywhere, but grouper not biting? Just lots of small snappers and bait stealers... Decided to run back to the dock and clean the catch. All in all, a great day on the water. Here are a few pics of the catch....

tight lines... FT

Replies

• MaineOffShoreMaineOffShore Posts: 25 Greenhorn
    Nice catch, 
    That water looks so nice.  In 2 weeks up here at my place we got dumped on w snow, 42"  out of 2 storms.  15 months till daughter graduates and I will be on my way down there permantly
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,633 Captain
    Good dill
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • Capt Dan MedinaCapt Dan Medina Posts: 716 Officer
    looks like a solid day!
    www.SaltyFishingCharters.com 33 Ft World Cat Tournament Edition Catamaran
    Offshore Fishing Charters FT Myers, Sanibel, Captiva, Cape Coral
  • BinderBinder Posts: 3,857 Captain
    Those will eat. :applause
  • StratCasterStratCaster Posts: 38 Greenhorn
    Great catch.  In 107' of water, are you anchoring or drifting over the spot with the "show?"
  • Firetruck1Firetruck1 Posts: 134 Deckhand
    Drifting