Need Recs for Bahamas vacation!

Gary MGary M Posts: 13,127 AG
Looks like we may hop on a plane and head for the Central or Southern Bahamas for a short vacation soon. No fishing, no diving, just relaxing.

We've never been there so we are looking for:

1) East to get to

2) Moderate-to-nice accomodations

3) Nice beach/water

4) Some local life nearby (not an isolated resort)

Any Recs? Thanks!

Replies

• edkedk Posts: 38 Deckhand
    Gary M wrote: »
    Looks like we may hop on a plane and head for the Central or Southern Bahamas for a short vacation soon. No fishing, no diving, just relaxing.

We've never been there so we are looking for:

1) East to get to

2) Moderate-to-nice accomodations

3) Nice beach/water

4) Some local life nearby (not an isolated resort)

Any Recs? Thanks!

Sounds like Paradise Island :eek:

Ed
  • RickRick Posts: 39 Deckhand
    Hi Gary, I have always rented homes in the out islands. Link is just for one place in Eleuthera, there are plenty more on this sight for all the islands. Double Bay is a beautiful beach a little south of Governor's Harbor. We've spent a fair amount of time on 4 of the Islands, and enjoyed all of our visits. http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p205366
  • BCSAILSBCSAILS Posts: 436 Deckhand
    Highly suggest.....http://www.pinksandsresort.com/ on Harbour Island. Really nice.....
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,127 AG
    Thanks guys (except Ed........ )

Coincidentally, the job foreman on my house renovation is from Harbour Island and he warned me that we may not want to leave! His brother is in the local band, The Brilanders and we always enjoy live, local music......

IF we went to Harbour Island, I can see where we may want to go back again one summer, this time on our boat and stay a few weeks since it's so simple to fly in/out and to have others come over and join me/us.....
  • I like the south end of cat island. there are a few homes that can be rented, a hotel and beutiful beach. I would have a hard time not fishing/diving though:)
  • Blue ZoneBlue Zone Posts: 414 Officer
    Have a look at Exuma. Easy in and out airport. Plenty of boat rentals. Stocking Island across the sound has a great beach and there are some bungalows for rent on Stocking as well.
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,359 Admiral
    I would recommend:
    1. Harbor Island-lot's to do without boat, easy to get to, different rest/bars/hotels/houses
    2. Exuma-very very pretty, more isolated, did I mention very pretty?
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,127 AG
    I would have a hard time not fishing/diving though:)

I'll be happy just fishing off the Menu at night!

Thanks guys........ we're still looking at all the options....

Full report to follow of course......... (and I may sneak a 2-piece rod and a few lures into my bag, so who knows.....)

7.jpg