Trout trout trout trout trout ad nauseum

**** things have been on a beserker  with this latest cold snap. Backcountry snook spots,trout. Backcountry red spots,trout. Seriously, bring on spring. Banish the spotted menance!

Replies

• Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 5,577 Admiral
    Good bait for whopper Snook..Soft and tender , no real spiky fins...just sayin
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • polliwogpolliwog Posts: 226 Deckhand
    We couldn't buy a good bite last week, now I know where they were.  Wish I was there for our trout tourney.  LOL
  • 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 737 Officer
    I was literally catching them cast after cast yesterday!
    Jason :USA
  • MegalopsAtlanticusMegalopsAtlanticus Port of the Islands, FLPosts: 91 Greenhorn
    I am no Trout Hater, but man alive...   These past ten days or so have been ridiculous...

Trout have been EVERYWHERE.  I can't escape them.  Every spot, with every lure...  It's just insane...

"Once in awhile you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 2,939 Captain
    Today I had a mom and dad with their six year old son aboard - and it's hard to say just how well big, fat trout - that eat anything in front of them are for young 'uns on their first trip to the Everglades...  Set up an Equalizer cork with a 1/0 or 2/0 hook and a shrimp and you're in business all day long....  and yes the big trout are over on the Flamingo side as well... Our best yesterday was a 24" fish fresh in from the Gulf.  In a month or two you'll be hard pressed to find a decent trout so enjoy it while you can.

I'll post a proper report in a day or two with lots of pics...

Be a hero - take a kid fishing.... 
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • nobleonenobleone Posts: 54 Greenhorn
    Those trouts were lovin' the  topwater Rapala yesterday morning.  Fished out front and got tired of catching, went fishing a couple of bays back but the water was too high for me to find any.  Pulled the trailer out of Goodland by 1215, it was already a circus at Stans...

"If it's not one thing, it's an alternator"

• Golfn1Golfn1 Posts: 23 Greenhorn
    I must be in the minority. Love catching trout !  Hope they are still around in 3 weeks !