Visiting Orlando Area

UtahFisherUtahFisher UtahPosts: 3 Greenhorn
Hi, I'm heading down to the Orlando area for a family vacation the beginning of May.  I can head out fishing the 5th of May, so I was wondering if there is a lake, or guide anyone would suggest?  Or heck, anyone that would want to go out with and I can pay?  Thanks for the help and input!

Replies

• Mangrove magnetMangrove magnet Posts: 25 Greenhorn
    Not sure what part of Orlando you'll be in, but Lake Underhill just outside of downtown Orlando is a pretty easy spot to catch bass.  The South end of the lake is fishable from the bank and all you'll need a is a Texas rigged worm.  It gets a lot of pressure, but I'll walk the bank after work for just 20/30 minutes and usually stick a few. 
  • mikenavmikenav Posts: 670 Officer
    It really depends on where you're headed. There are lakes ALL over the Orlando area that are great for bass. Lake Conway, Lake Fairview, Lake Ivanhoe... Heck!! Any lake at Disney! the list goes on. Where you staying?
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,460 Moderator
    Lots of guides on Toho. 
    "You'll get your weather"
  • DaveScampilanoDaveScampilano Posts: 8 Greenhorn
    I think your best bet is to rent a boat on Turkey Lake at Bill Frederick Park but you need to make a reservation.
  • JrudnickyJrudnicky Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    Anywhere you can throw a bait is good I found. Caught some big ones in little retention ponds that I can cast accross. Just find some water and give it a try haven't been dissapointed yet.
  • Captjohn5150Captjohn5150 Posts: 1,696 Captain
    Bass in Otown isn't a problem, Disney area is right on. 
    For the love of all outdoors recreational activities....what my spelling is off, that will learn ya. Pimping ain't easy unless u went to FSU, its a BS course.
    What do u get when you can connect the dots, color inside the lines, and get your release papers.....sentence served, times up at Felon sentenced university.
    Floridas first woman's college.
    The only difference between FSU and all the other colleges are other colleges accept you into the university's. At FSU you are taken into custody.
  • UtahFisherUtahFisher UtahPosts: 3 Greenhorn
    Thanks guys! I went a head and went with the turkey lake option. I'll try hitting a few place in the mornings/evenings if I can. I'll be staying right by universal.