Pineland Marina to Port Charlotte

About how long does it take to run from Pineland marina to Port Charlotte. 

Replies

• stoutnerstoutner Posts: 240 Deckhand
    Depends where in Port Charlotte. About 45 minutes from Cape Haze to Matlache doing about 25 - 30 mph
    Capt. Wayne Stoutner
    Reel Stout Sportfishing
    Lake Ontario Salmon and Trout fishing
    www.reelstout.com
    Tikitown!
    SW Florida Vacation Rental
    https://www.vrbo.com/721414
  • JC_UF_ITKJC_UF_ITK Posts: 470 Deckhand
    As mentioned, depends on the weather/wind.  Normally, it takes about 3 beers to get there. 
  • fishdishfishdish Posts: 1,223 Officer
    Where in Port Charlotte?
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 4,877 Captain
    Long ride
  • SerotoninSerotonin Cape CoralPosts: 152 Deckhand
    How fast is the boat? 12 knot trawler or go fast? :p
  • Saltywannabe58Saltywannabe58 Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    Thanks for replies. We have 18 ft CC, We'd be going up near El Jobean. We are staying in Bokeelia and have friends staying up that way, was wondering if it would be worth trying to run up there one day. depending on the weather.
  • TimGleasonTimGleason Posts: 281 Deckhand
    faster by boat than by car but watch the wind!
  • pretzelbpretzelb Posts: 109 Deckhand
    Thanks for replies. We have 18 ft CC, We'd be going up near El Jobean. We are staying in Bokeelia and have friends staying up that way, was wondering if it would be worth trying to run up there one day. depending on the weather.

I'm in Gulf Cove... Its about 10 miles from El Jo bridge to Cape Haze.. Waves can be a B!tch with the wrong wind and tide.. I have a 20' CC and have had my kidney's rocked and got drenched at the Peace/Myakka confluence..LOL..Be safe !
  • BlueRacerBlueRacer Posts: 83 Greenhorn
    Approximately 25 water miles.  Charlotte Harbor can be flat or ugly.  It's a pretty ride with nice weather.  Watch the forecast as it can be nice in the morning and then the sea breeze will kick up west winds in the afternoon.

Going back you can hug the west shore to stay out of the west wind until you get down to Cape Haze.  Then you have to cross five miles of open water.
  • Saltywannabe58Saltywannabe58 Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    Thanks again. I will definitely be watching weather.