anything else other than just beach cleanups?

DiegoBianchiDiegoBianchi Posts: 7 Greenhorn
I've been participating in many beach cleanups. However, I've been wanting to do something a little different. Anyone have any ideas on other ways we can help conserve our beaches? Any suggestions would be appreciated sinceI'mm

Replies

• Salty Dawg44Salty Dawg44 Homosassa, FLPosts: 886 Officer
    Stick to the beaches for now. That's where the most need is. Never know what you'll find there.

MY WORST FEAR......THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL ALL MY BOATS & FISHING GEAR FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I PAID FOR IT.......

I may not always agree with what you say,
    but I will always respect your right to be wrong!
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 9,046 Admiral
    nice!!
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 5,730 Admiral
    Only on top..She's missing some serious parts that are needed below...just sayin.
    Wonder if she smells like Mullet or Sardines....
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • Ron@.38 Special[email protected] Special Posts: 6,831 Admiral
    I guess if you want to feel good, you could buy a 1 cent bracelet from 4Oceans for $20  and pretend they really clean up the ocean with the money!
  • EnyarEnyar Posts: 63 Greenhorn
    My opinion, leave the beaches. That's where a polluted area has little effect on wildlife (very little lives there) and a major effect on tourism $$ and creating awareness.  Let the businesses struggle when tourists don't want to visit our beaches. Let the locals realize how gross our waters are and maybe they will contribute to the cleanup. If they are ok with how our beaches look now there is no way they will advocate for change. 

Clean the mangroves, flats, and don't spend your hard earned $ at establishments that contribute to the destruction. Vote for politicians that will keep people/corporations in check. Teach fellow anglers and boaters the right way to dispose of mono, bait bags, etc. 

Honestly long term the best bet would be to donate to organizations that spread awareness and educate people. It may take a decade or two but I honestly believe that humans are good people and if they were armed with an education there is no way we would let this **** fly.  
    My opinion, leave the beaches. That's where a polluted area has little effect on wildlife (very little lives there) and a major effect on tourism $$ and creating awareness.  Let the businesses struggle when tourists don't want to visit our beaches. Let the locals realize how gross our waters are and maybe they will contribute to the cleanup. If they are ok with how our beaches look now there is no way they will advocate for change. 

Clean the mangroves, flats, and don't spend your hard earned $ at establishments that contribute to the destruction. Vote for politicians that will keep people/corporations in check. Teach fellow anglers and boaters the right way o

Honestly long term the best bet would be to donate to organizations that spread awareness and educate people. It may take a decade or two but I honestly believe that humans are good people and if they were armed with an education there is no way we would let this **** fly.  

Clean the mangroves, flats, and don't spend your hard earned $ at establishments that contribute to the destruction. Vote for politicians that will keep people/corporations in check. Teach fellow anglers and boaters the right way to dispose of bottles, bait bags etc. Practice catch and release as much as you can. No need to supply the whole block with fish that's just going to end up in the back of a freezer and thrown out. Be careful anchoring and when diving.

My opinion, leave the beaches. That's where a polluted area has little effect on wildlife (very little lives there) and a major effect on tourism $$ and creating awareness.  Let the businesses struggle when tourists don't want to visit our beaches. Let the locals realize how gross our beaches are and maybe they will contribute to the cleanup. If they are ok with how our beaches look now there is no way they will advocate for change. 

Clean the mangroves, flats, and don't spend your hard earned $ at establishments that contribute to the destruction. Vote for politicians that will keep people/corporations in check. Teach fellow anglers and boaters the right way to dispose of bottles, bait bags etc. Practice catch and release as much as you can. No need to supply the whole block with fish that's just going to end up in the back of a freezer and thrown out. Be careful anchoring/with your fins if you're a diver.

Clean the mangroves, flats, and don't spend your hard earned $ at establishments that contribute to the destruction. Vote for politicians that will keep people/corporations in check. Teach fellow anglers and boaters the right way to dispose of bottles, bait bags etc. Practice catch and release as much as you can. No need to supply the whole block with fish that's just going to end up in the back of a freezer and thrown out. Be careful anchori

Clean the mangroves, flats, and don't spend your hard earned $ at establishments that contribute to the destruction. Vote for politicians that will keep people/corporations in check. Teach fellow anglers and boaters the right way to dispose of bottles, bait bags etc. Practice catch and release as much as you can. No need to supply the whole block with fish that's just going to end up in the back of a freezer and thrown out. Be careful anchori