Slow Day, Dirty Water

Wabasso South...Not seeing any reports, figured catching was terrible, pretty close.  Some of the area has clean water, Manatees still working on what little grass is left.  Started at the Pine Island cut, Jacks and short Snapper.  South end of Hole In The Wall, short Snapper.  Sisters, dead.  Spoil Islands, short Snapper, Trout and Hardhead Cats.  One of the Trout was a half inch short.  Grand Harbor, water too high to get under the Golf Cart Bridge, saw a pair of Sheephead playing in the Mangroves.  Snapper clouds are back in the deep pockets.  Moved to the Estuary, back into the mud.  24 inch Red and jumped a baby Tarpon.  Tween area back to Johns Island, short Snook, biggest 14 inches.  Tried a few spots on the way home, short Trout and Snook.

Replies

• duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 18,794 AG
    All day John? 

Been in TX the past week...looks like nothing has changed. 
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • FlecFlec Posts: 481 Deckhand
    I was out there today as well. Water clarity is a lot better than 3 weeks ago. Hopefully that brown algae bloom is behind us and the lower temps forecasted for the next several days will help clear it up some more.My buddy and I had a decent day today but it was a little breezy.