Updating Charts

mikenavmikenav Posts: 696 Officer
With Spring sitting right on us and the beaches and boats starting to call even louder, now is the perfect time to update your Navionics charts. A lot has changed out there during the fall and winter, thanks to hurricanes and then the typical high seas crashing on the beach in November and December. It's very simple and could make the difference between spending time at the sand bar and just spending time on a sand bar that didn't exist last time you were out.

Replies

• JettyDawgJettyDawg Posts: 112 Deckhand
    Can you go to any dealer and turn in your Plat+ card and get a new one for 50%?
  • mikenavmikenav Posts: 696 Officer
    JettyDawg said:
    Can you go to any dealer and turn in your Plat+ card and get a new one for 50%?
    You don't have to go to the dealer to do that. If your Platinum+ card is expired, you can log on to Navionics.com and insert your card into your computer. It will  ask you to install a Chart Viewer, which can tell you if your card is expired. If it is, you can renew it right there online and then update it as well. That renewal will last for a year. 
    My chart is not showing any depth #'s or any detail. What do you think is wrong with it?
    Two questions right off the bat: When you first got it, did you log on to Navionics.com and register it? And what kind of machine are you running it in?
    I purchased it used from a person from an online website. I am running it on a Lowrance Gen 2.
    I think the first thing I would recommend is to go to the Navionics website (navionics.com) and plug your card into your computer. You have a micro SD, so you are going to need the SD card adapter in all likelihood. There should have been one in the box when you bought it. 

It will ask you to download the ChartViewer and then walk you through those steps. Very easy. It will then allow you to register or resubscribe and update your card. Do that and see if it doesn't help. If you still don't have contours, it may be a setting on the Lowrance that you have to correct. i can walk you through that as well, if it comes to that.