Yankeetown 2/25

Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,755 Captain
So it's been a while since I've posted anything here but I'm sure some of the older members will remember me? After a long absence on the water I finally re-powered my old tub and am back in action although a little rusty! My Son who is in the Navy and stationed in Jacksonville came over this passed weekend for some long overdo Father & Son time! He got here late Friday night so I didn't have the heart to get him up early Sat. so we got a bit of a late start! Yankeetown Marina was jammed by the time we got there around 9am! Almost didn't find a parking spot in their overflow lot!!!
I had been out on Thursday afternoon with my girlfriend scouting around for some fish w/o much luck except for a couple nice trout out in deep water (about 10') near some rocks. One was 17" and a nice 23" fatty took my jig rubber grub! Normally I would have let the bigger trout go but something had bitten half it;s tail off so it was invited home for dinner! So with my son we started off in the same area but nothing but one about 15" came aboard which was set free!  The tide was falling and a southwest wind was picking up all day but it turned out to be a great day on the water! We had trouble finding any fish although we tried shallow, grass flats and deep drop-offs?
That went on all day with just a couple trout but no real pattern developed??? Then about 4pm with the tide coming in we found some nice trout casting jigs and small rubber swim-baits to the the spoil islands. We ended up getting our limits in about an hour and all lwere slot fish from 15" to 19"!!  I was able to send my son home Sunday morning with a nice big bag of fillets!! Life is good in Yankeerown!!!

I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!

Replies

• DOCKSIDEDOCKSIDE Posts: 1,727 Captain
    bite was slow Sunday also.
    somewhere south of disorder and on earth... mostly .
    ..............................................................................
    IBEW LU 433
  • Ruff OneRuff One HomosassaPosts: 1,831 Captain
    Nice fishing report. Great to see you and your son back on the water. Oh yes, we do remember you! Since there are no pics, we just don't remember what you look like!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • barhopper51barhopper51 Posts: 541 Officer
    I remember you.
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,497 Captain
    Good dill. Great Father-Son time.
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,458 Moderator
    "spanked um"  .  I'll go out with you one day. Been awhile and I could use a day on the gulf..
    "You'll get your weather"
  • xmuskyguidexmuskyguide Beautiful HomosassaPosts: 1,438 Officer
    Good job Pete.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,853 Captain
    I was fishing north of you a few miles. I caught a few trout on deep cuts and potholes in the grass flats but the bite was tough. I got into a really solid redfish bite though at the top of the tide and beginning of the outgoing.
  • Moon ShadowMoon Shadow Posts: 773 Officer
    First time in months that I looked at the forum.  It change but you didn't change at all in fishing skills.  WTG on the trout.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,458 Moderator
    First time in months that I looked at the forum.  It change but you didn't change at all in fishing skills.  WTG on the trout.

Dang , look what washed up on the ramp.  LOL
    "You'll get your weather"
  • Wishin i was fishinWishin i was fishin Dunnellon FlPosts: 899 Officer
    Good to see a report Pete! My last trip out was slow. Glad you guys found em’ finally!
  • BackyardAnglerBackyardAngler Posts: 354 Deckhand
    Hey Pete, glad to see you committed fishing. I hadn't seen you in a while and was thinking you took up ballroom dancing or something. Lets go fish when it warms up.