Skip to main content
Home Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Surf Report 2/25

Sea-SquatchSea-Squatch Senior MemberNeptune BeachPosts: 2,105 Captain
We hit it again this morning, and they were biting. The water has warmed up a lot, and you can now "skin" it. I knew the whiting are around, but I was hoping for an early pomp. I figured I would use some clam to help my chances. A first for me, I also used Fishbites for the first time. I use double dropper rigs, so I put piece of dead shrimp on the top hook, and a clam/Fishbite combo on the bottom hook. The combination bait easily out fished the shrimp. I used sandflea flavor Fishbites, and I'm sold on them. Anyway, we came home w/ 16 really nice whiting.

Here's the pic of our pile of whiting....

.....and if you have 15min to waste, watch our fishing video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do2-s5Ow28Y

- Joey

Replies

• SloughSlough Senior Member S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 5,814 Admiral
    Good dill 
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • BottomBumpinBottomBumpin Senior Member Jax BeachPosts: 1,927 Captain
    Very Cool video!!  and nice catchin too!!  congrats and thanks for sharing!
  • andrewthe1andrewthe1 Senior Member Posts: 801 Officer
    I saw some sein netters off atlantic beach saturday....although legal it just seems a little "sleezy" to me LOL idk maybe its the guys attitudes, they act like they own the beach and looped the net around a guy trying to teach his kid to surf and were like "bro get out of the way!"

Even though he was there first......then they keep ALL of them, maybe got about 25 with 4-5 over 12" most were around 6"......
    we need more internet money
  • ChonggChongg Senior Member Posts: 755 Officer
    ^ I saw that guy on Saturday and Sunday. I respect anyone trying to make a living off the ocean within the law, but the guy seemed like a real prick. Set up very close to me while I was fishing and was constantly yelling at his "crew." Couldn't help but laugh when his boat flipped over in the surf.
  • optimistic Angleroptimistic Angler Senior Member Posts: 631 Officer
    I saw some sein netters off atlantic beach saturday....although legal it just seems a little "sleezy" to me LOL idk maybe its the guys attitudes, they act like they own the beach and looped the net around a guy trying to teach his kid to surf and were like "bro get out of the way!"

Even though he was there first......then they keep ALL of them, maybe got about 25 with 4-5 over 12" most were around 6"......
    I thought they had to be 3 miles out or more?
  • Ladder ManLadder Man Senior Member Posts: 1,198 Officer
    Not for surf seine net.  You can't use a motor or small mesh nets though.  
  • Sea-SquatchSea-Squatch Senior Member Neptune BeachPosts: 2,105 Captain
    They are still biting. I went for about an hour this afternoon, and caught 6. That includes this 17’ fella.

• Ladder ManLadder Man Senior Member Posts: 1,198 Officer
    dang, that's a fattie!