PE Bouys/Balls

Just South of PE inlet there are some balls or bouys to tie up and fish from. What do you catch there this time of year and what baits techniques are best Thanks Rob

Replies

• ReelthiefReelthief Posts: 72 Greenhorn
    I have a friend who is handicapped and loves to fish more than anything. He can no longer work so he can fish during the week in his 18' skiff. He's limited in his fishing areas but if it is relatively flat out those balls are where he goes. He chums, but fishes larger cut/strip baits below his slick. I'm constantly surprised at the pics of the jacks, muttons, big grovers, rainbow runners, macks and even grouper he catches out there. Its also a great place to take the little ones to keep them busy catcing. We used to bait fish for Speedos out there when I did more offshore stuff.
  • JoseGJoseG Posts: 8 Greenhorn
    Just chum, and baitfish will come. Usually ballyhoo, speedos. Although one day we got grunts, small snapper, speedos, jacks, and not a single ballyhoo showed up
  • CaptJCaptJ Posts: 593 Officer
    Check out the PE channel markers as well. Used to bait fish there and always put down whatever we were catching with some pretty impressive results. Gags and Muttons.
  • half shellhalf shell Posts: 41 Greenhorn
    Thanks 
    once in a while I see quite a few boats tied up so I'm guessing they must get fish
    thanks again