Home West Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

fishing report

Went out on 2-20 and had a blast, caught around 60 snook.  Usually fishing gets good around Easter  time but with this warm weather it has came early. the water has warmed up fast and the bait is everywhere. put in at kingfish boat ramp and fished around mangroves and it did not seem if the fished cared if there was water movement or not, they were chewing and they were fat as can be. they ranged from 20 inches to 32 inches...greenbacks were the bait of choice. I loved the fact of fishing a week day ( first time i have done it ) no boat traffic and no fishing pressure. 
2018 shearwater 27

Replies

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 5,343 Admiral
    Good Dill
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • humblerhumbler TampaPosts: 130 Deckhand
    Great times. I work for myself so I can occasionally get out during the week. Nice time to be out. The snook are all over the flats I wade since the weather starting warming. They are hungry. Your'e right, it seems like April fishing
  • sas0061sas0061 Posts: 91 Deckhand
    Hmm. Went out Monday and couldn't buy a snook! Threw greenies, jerk baits, and shrimp...Saw some monsters go by the boat when I was in the tower, but couldn't get them to bite. Fished Palma Sola and Mangroves off IWC in Anna Maria as well. You must know something I don't! The moon was weird on Sunday.