Barge canal 2/17

I haven’t fished a ton over the winter. Finally getting back into it. I’ll try to get back to posting some. We had a great forecast today, so the plan was run out and look for sheepshead. The fog lifted early and it looked great. It was an easy run so I checked the artificial reefs, a ledge, a wreck and nothing, not even by-catch. We fished shrimp on knocker and fish finder rigs.
So on to plan B. Run back inside, but the sea fog rolled in and made moving around exciting. Fished several good spots but I only managed this one nice trout on a lil Jon jig and a little flounder. Water temp was up near 70. The wind kicked up around 2Pm. I just couldn’t really get them dialed in today.

Replies

• mburke001 aka TripleBmburke001 aka TripleB Posts: 1,104 Officer

Nice

• Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,755 Captain

SWEET TROUT Mang!!!!

I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • Yellowtail 23Yellowtail 23 Posts: 96 Greenhorn

Pig of a trout. All we could manage was a small flounder and a few short trout. The Fog was sick. 12:30 and zero visibility.

• Alex from GAAlex from GA Posts: 1,193 Officer

As my mother used to say, "it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick". Good trout.

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,501 Captain

Good dill

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • 4WARD4WARD Cross Creek,FLPosts: 947 Officer

Nice trout!
    We got spanked. Fog was luckily spotty, still put up the lights. Kinda funny at 1:30 in the afternoon.
    Creeks were dead on incoming, water was pushing 80. Headed south and hit several spots coming in the back way.
    Just one of those slow days( the reason I only bring a couple beers on the boat).
    I think the early outgoing was the ticket, judging by the reds we spooked about 9 while trying to get unstuck. :p

"I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,458 Moderator

Wow , nice one Jerry.

"You'll get your weather"
  • Ruff OneRuff One HomosassaPosts: 1,831 Captain

Nice trout!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xmuskyguidexmuskyguide Beautiful HomosassaPosts: 1,438 Officer

very nice trout