That's 2

duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 18,799 AG

February is always a hard month and this year is no different really...except for the horrid water conditions.
Since my Birthday on Monday, I went for a "cast & blast" Tuesday...shooting snipe and catching largemouth bass.
Wednesday was that cool overcast day...I took a buddy of my best friend from Michigan...it was brutal...I had just 5 hits..pulled off something...lost a Red half way in...caught a jack...a catfish...and one decent size Trout...which Jeff would bring home to eat with his wife. I felt bad...he was hitless in 3 hours and he is a very accomplished Steelhead fisherman.
Yesterday, not feeling overly confident I got lucky...and literally pulled a dozen trout off one spot...repositioned and caught a decent snook...and spent 2 hours looking for a Red...caught a good low twenties Trout...but gave up at 11.
So, Today I start at the same spot..but the fish were gone...found a few small Trout...but after throwing back #3 and #4...and Flipper eating them...I left ( he wouldn't). Moved a bit and got a little Red...

Kept looking for any snook to finish...but knew I had to head south to have a legit shot.....a couple spots and...

So, 9:30 and headed in...

There are many roads to travel
Many things to do.
Knots to be unraveled
'fore the darkness falls on you

Replies

• Topwater GuyTopwater Guy Posts: 426 Deckhand

Sweet........Like I told you earlier today, I drew Blanks....Nada....0 Your the man.

Lead, Follow..... Just, Get Out of the Way
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 18,799 AG

No slam today...but I'm not cryin'

36 incher on 8 lb mono ..chartreuse CAL

This 27 seems small...

and...a trout.

No Red...but I'm OK with it .

There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • Bout TimeBout Time Posts: 59 Greenhorn

The size of the smile directly correlates to the size of the fish. Nice snook.

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,501 Captain

Good dill

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you