Fishing License Requirements

GarysmoGarysmo Posts: 388 Deckhand

I'm going offshore tomorrow and will be taking 2 people who are just going for the ride. My regular fishing partner will also be with me. My fishing partner and I both have licenses but the other 2 people do not and they are not going to fish.....they only want to go for the ride. Do they still need to have a license or are they ok as long as they do not tend to any of the lines?

Replies

• snookaffinitysnookaffinity Naples, FLPosts: 980 Officer

Yes, as long as they do not assist in any way in catching or landing fish.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
  • snookaffinitysnookaffinity Naples, FLPosts: 980 Officer

I meant to say they do not need a license if they do not assist in catching or landing fish in any way.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 8,542 Admiral

my wife goes scalloping with us and never gets in the water. No license and obviously we don't catch her limit because she has none without one. Anyone can ride in a boat and not catch fish. They just can't fish, or help with catching fish. That's great though because you've got two guys who's only job is to hand you beers while you catch.

People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • GarysmoGarysmo Posts: 388 Deckhand

@Soda Popinski said:
    my wife goes scalloping with us and never gets in the water. No license and obviously we don't catch her limit because she has none without one. Anyone can ride in a boat and not catch fish. They just can't fish, or help with catching fish. That's great though because you've got two guys who's only job is to hand you beers while you catch.

Exactly....someone has to do that job. It might be the most important one. Thanks for the feedback