Bash 2018

micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,597 AG

It's getting close to that time again and 3 months isn't much time to plan. The last few years several people have joined in together to make it happen and it has worked out very well and it's very appreciated by everyone. I've said it before but not sure how Stockwell did it all on his own all those years as far as shirts, raffle, prizes, planning etc.

So, is there enough people interested in having a Bash this year? Let us know if you are interested in attending.

The last several years Carrabelle has been the location. There has been some talk from some members about possibly changing the location this year for different scenery. The places mentioned were Moorings/Carrabelle, ?/Mexico Beach and Sea ****/Steinhatchee.. I'm not sure where in Mex Beach it was held in the past or rates. Sea **** is more expensive than the Moorings per their site but you can also rent boats if you wish. Not sure if there is a pavilion or area for all of us to gather under cover ( if needed) like the Moorings has. I will call and find out if there are discounts for multiple rentals and if they have a place for us to gather and report back.

The Bash is usually the first Fri-Sun in June. This year a couple of people that have stepped up and assisted in the last few years can't make it the first weekend of June due to work obligations. The second weekend (8-10) has been suggested this year if we want these people to continue to assist/help/participate.

Location and dates- let us know what you think. All input is welcomed.

Shirts- if we have any someone will need to run with this.
Raffle prizes- I can work on this but others are welcomed to contribute.
Food- The main food/meats will be provided but sides are welcomed
Kids Tournament prizes- I will work on this.
Trophies- if we have any someone will need to run with this.

If I'm missing anything please let me know. I can barely remember what I did yesterday.....

Thanks

MM

Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes

Replies

• skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 3,177 Captain

I'm thinking, I'm attending this year!
    Steinhatch would be great! ...
    I will travel anywhere.
    Yes! SeaHags has a pavilion!

God, save the South!
  • FamilyfisherFamilyfisher Posts: 2,747 Captain

I should be able to make it this year. I hope it comes together. I'll do what I can to assist.

Proverbs 13:3
  • brotherinlawbrotherinlaw Posts: 2,978 Captain

June 8-10 no way I can make it on the 1st.
    As always I will do whatever I can to help make it happen.
    Tommy I will get with you on food and raffle stuff.
    Location doesn't matter to me but would prefer Carabelle or Steinhatchee. Donna votes for Cbelle.

Quite a few folks from here are planning to attend. Pam and Loyd have already reserved a place at the Moorings.

Talked to Chuck the other day and he is still going to handle the trophies if nothing happens and all are good with that.

• micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,597 AG

8-10 works for me and location doesn't matter. I lean towards Cbelle I guess because I haven't attended a bash anywhere else and don't know any other place.

Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • FamilyfisherFamilyfisher Posts: 2,747 Captain

I, too, prefer Carrabelle. Just because I'm much more comfortable in that area having spent 7 years there. I used to fish Steinhatchee all the time til we started renting Amada8's place in Cbelle.

Proverbs 13:3
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,618 Captain

Haven't made one in years and it is too far out for me to commit. Of course I would rather Carrabelle.

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • kgfisherkgfisher Posts: 607 Officer

I prefer Carrabelle or Mexico Beach. Would love to coordinate this with federal snapper season, or snapper days as we should likely call it. Anyone know when that is set for yet?

"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore"

- Vincent Van Gogh

2215GAG3.jpg
  • loydDloydD GeorgiaPosts: 99 Greenhorn

We are great with the second weekend in June. We love Steinhatchee and Carabelle. We vote for Carabelle. We can do the shirts again this year. We will help with door prizes.

Lovely Loyd

@kgfisher said:
    I prefer Carrabelle or Mexico Beach. Would love to coordinate this with federal snapper season, or snapper days as we should likely call it. Anyone know when that is set for yet?

No dates set yet on FWC site.

Thanks Lloyd, BIL and Chuck.

Per the few replies it looks like the Moorings is where it will be and  8-10 of June.
  • FishWithChrisFishWithChris TallahasseePosts: 139 Deckhand
    Carrabelle will be great, we have our NFGFC tournament on the 9th of June out of Lanark Market.
    Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark
    Rooms may be limited then.. I just called the Moorings and got "our office is closed" message. I'll try again later.
    I will be shopping for a roommate if anyone is interested...
    God, save the South!
    Looks like will be small this year. A good time will still be had.
    Tommy thanks, I have reserved a room. 
    God, save the South!
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 9,534 Admiral
    For those who can't attend, will shirts be available for sale?
    Resinhead said:

PM loydD and see if he can send them to you.
  • loydDloydD GeorgiaPosts: 99 Greenhorn
    Resinhead said:
    Yes!!!  We can mail them to you.  
    Lovely Loyd
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 2,423 Moderator
    Anyone in Mex Beach the weekend of the 20th? I've got a bunch of stuff that needs to get to the bash.

." why would someone want to be a moderator in the first place?"

"There is no compensation for that task other than the satisfaction one might get from being an ***."

mindyabizness

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 2,423 Moderator
    We'll let this slide on down.

." why would someone want to be a moderator in the first place?"

"There is no compensation for that task other than the satisfaction one might get from being an ***."

mindyabizness

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

Micci, BL who ever. When will the raffle take place?
    Saturday evening. You gonna make it?
    Going to try, if I see I can't, I will get with you or BL. Ferris sent a couple boxes for the raffle.
    Thank you Ferris!
    God, save the South!
  • brotherinlawbrotherinlaw Posts: 2,978 Captain

Slough said:
    Going to try, if I see I can't, I will get with you or BL. Ferris sent a couple boxes for the raffle.

Sounds good. Come on down. If not we'll meet up somewhere in between.
    Thank you Ferris!

Yes

Sounds good Slough. Hopefully you can make it.