More Yellowtail Catching in Key Largo

Took the neighbor's grandson who's on leave from his stint overseas (Airforce) out for some reef fishing today. We got on some decent size yellowtails, but when the bite turned on so did the sea monsters. Any nice fish that started digging for the bottom was eaten immediately. Still, we managed to catch 25 between the four of us in a few hours. Had some really nice fish on, but as stated they all were eaten. At least a dozen nice fish. Put down a Yellowtail on some wire to get him on a shark and of course a Black Grouper ate it. We'll see him in May. Beautiful day on the water, some cheap thrills, and the airman is going home with some memories and some filets.

Replies

• AOKRVsAOKRVs Posts: 1,706 Captain

Nice work - fun day on the water

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Marathon, FL -- World Cat 320CC -- Fishing/Snorkeling/Sunset Cruise

. www.AOKCharters.com

. www.AOKRVs.com   -- The best prices on the best best brands everyday.

• NorthernNorthern Posts: 759 Officer

Really nice color on those Yellowtail. Glad to see that you could take out an Air Force man while he was on leave. Good Job!

Side note.... Does anybody know how to remove the Forum index that covers up about 1/3 of every picture posted?
    I'm not sure why that they thought placing it there was an "improvement?

• Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,411 Officer

Like usual nice catch CAPT.

• pepe-2327pepe-2327 Posts: 19 Greenhorn

@Northern said:
    Really nice color on those Yellowtail. Glad to see that you could take out an Air Force man while he was on leave. Good Job!

Side note.... Does anybody know how to remove the Forum index that covers up about 1/3 of every picture posted?
    I'm not sure why that they thought placing it there was an "improvement?

X2 on the Forum index removal, it is very annoying.

Congratulations on the good catch!!!

• excaliberexcaliber Posts: 13 Greenhorn

Nice catch. I've never seen yellowtail close up like this. They look silver on TV with a yellow stripe. I didn't know they were so red. Is this a spawning color phase or just normal?

• CaptJCaptJ Posts: 576 Officer

Those fish were on ice for a night. Much prettier when they first come out of the water.

• Yellowtail 23Yellowtail 23 Posts: 96 Greenhorn

I have switched to Google Chrome and the sight works so much better on my PC. My iPhone uses safari and that seems to work fine as well. By the way, nice work on the tails. Been 6 months since I’ve been on the reef, wore them out! Catch’em up!