Any inshore reports?

Going out tomorrow night. Wondering if anyone's been out around the boynton/hypoluxo area looking for snook or tarpon.. and, are tarpon even around this time of year?

Replies

• bluechipbluechip Posts: 167 Deckhand

Lost count of how many snook we caught, and also got a few seatrout and a big bluefish. Fun night!

• GarysmoGarysmo Posts: 388 Deckhand

Curious what did you catch the snook on? For reds and snook I like to use a DOA paddle tail but always interested in learning what others are having luck with.

• taymagtaymag Delray Beach, FLPosts: 708 Officer

Curious too. I tore my MCL and for the first time in quite a few years will be trying to fish inshore.. leg wont be able to handle the chop for a while

• bluechipbluechip Posts: 167 Deckhand

Hey guys, caught the snook on live freelined shrimp w/fluoro leader and 1/0 circle hook, shrimp hooked right under the horn.

The only artificials we used, to great success, were fly rods. We've been doing this lately and snook LOVE flies.

I haven't looked at inshore for many years around here, been very offshore focused. I'm glad I rediscovered this great fishery.

• GarysmoGarysmo Posts: 388 Deckhand

@bluechip said:
    Hey guys, caught the snook on live freelined shrimp w/fluoro leader and 1/0 circle hook, shrimp hooked right under the horn.

The only artificials we used, to great success, were fly rods. We've been doing this lately and snook LOVE flies.

I haven't looked at inshore for many years around here, been very offshore focused. I'm glad I rediscovered this great fishery.

Thanks for the info.....