Home Ask the Law!

Concealed carry in gulf county and access to crooked island east

cajun1971cajun1971 Posts: 17 Greenhorn

Will be visiting Mexico beach in April for first time (I'm from n.c.) and unfamiliar with area other than seeing it is beautiful and lots to do.Am I legal to carry concealed while fishing the beaches?I do posess a valid n.c. carry permit.Also I see mixed answers about needing a permit to access crooked island east beach.Be happy to send info in and get one ahead of time if necessary or unsure,just seems that I can't get a straight answer on this,Many Thanks!!!!!

Replies

• Salty Dawg44Salty Dawg44 Homosassa, FLPosts: 1,211 Officer

Your North Carolina concealed permit is OK here in Florida. There is a reciprocal agreement between many states to recognize another states licenses as valid. Here is a list of states that will recognize your NC permit.

Permits Honored in Other States

Permit holders should know that while they can legally carry a concealed handgun while visiting these states, they’re subject to the laws of the state they are visiting and are responsible for learning about those laws.

States with North Carolina Agreements

Alabama Kentucky Oklahoma
    Alaska Louisiana Pennsylvania
    Arizona Michigan South Carolina
    Arkansas Mississippi South Dakota
    Colorado Missouri Tennessee
    Delaware Montana Texas
    Florida Nebraska Utah
    Georgia Nevada Virginia
    Idaho New Hampshire Washington
    Indiana New Mexico West Virginia
    Iowa North Dakota Wisconsin
    Kansas Ohio Wyoming

MY WORST FEAR......THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL ALL MY BOATS & FISHING GEAR FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I PAID FOR IT.......

I may not always agree with what you say,
    but I will always respect your right to be wrong!
  • cajun1971cajun1971 Posts: 17 Greenhorn

Thanks,will check with local law enforcement about carrying on beach

• Tarpon MonoxideTarpon Monoxide Posts: 564 Officer

Open carry while you are fishing on the beach is legal in Florida.

http://www.tbo.com/news/crime/gun-carrying-fisherman-arrested-at-ballast-point-park-sues-city-police-20150930/

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.25.html

(h) A person engaged in fishing, camping, or lawful hunting or going to or returning from a fishing, camping, or lawful hunting expedition;

Progressive dementia is now a regressive presidential qualification.

A white says the n word and is chastised for it, a black rapper raps over and over and over ad nauseam on his albums the degrading and demeaning n word and is praised for his music and rewarded with million of dollars with not a peep from the peanut gallery. Where is the outrage for the black rap albums full of the n word? It got lost in their double standard.

Colon Kapernick Nike's Ignorant Stephin Fetchit!

Double Standard Lebron Jame$ China's Best Apologist.

America, the land of the "regressives" proposed free health care for illegal aliens paid for by legal tax paying Americans who have to pay exorbitant rates for their own health insurance.

• voltmanvoltman Posts: 140 Deckhand
    hopefully this will return to the top like the old days .
    Are you permitted to have a handgun in your vehicle ,in an open compartment without a lid door or cover   ?
    with a concealed permit. Y/N . ________
    without a concealed permit.Y/N. ________

• GotseaGotsea Posts: 689 Officer
    If it is on an opened container without a lid, door or cover, it is open carry that is not legal in your vehicle without a permit 
    a reply to cajun1971,,, yes ,,if you have a permit from nc you can open carry and or conceal carry while fishing on the beach.
    Gotsea said:
    If it is on an opened container without a lid, door or cover, it is open carry that is not legal in your vehicle without a permit
    voltman said:
    Gotsea said:
    ok thanks ,
  • denverd0ndenverd0n TampaPosts: 7 Deckhand
    A concealed carry permit does not allow you to carry a gun openly, either in your car or out. With a permit, you can carry a gun in your car such that it is not "visible to the normal sight" of another person. Without a permit you can carry a gun in your car so long as it is "securely encased."

“Securely encased” means in a glove compartment, whether or not locked; snapped in a holster; in a gun case, whether or not locked; in a zippered gun case; or in a closed box or container which requires a lid or cover to be opened for access.

• Kokosing LoverKokosing Lover Posts: 800 Officer
    OP is from 2018 guys.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,444 AG
    so much wrong here

I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • swampmonsterswampmonster Posts: 323 Deckhand
    There is a app called Legal Heat. Answers a lot of different state questions. 
    thanks guys  ,, ...a wise man once told me that you can always beat the wrap but you will never beat the ride....so best use rule one of gun club