Concealed carry in gulf county and access to crooked island east

cajun1971cajun1971 Posts: 17 Greenhorn

Will be visiting Mexico beach in April for first time (I'm from n.c.) and unfamiliar with area other than seeing it is beautiful and lots to do.Am I legal to carry concealed while fishing the beaches?I do posess a valid n.c. carry permit.Also I see mixed answers about needing a permit to access crooked island east beach.Be happy to send info in and get one ahead of time if necessary or unsure,just seems that I can't get a straight answer on this,Many Thanks!!!!!

Replies

• Salty Dawg44Salty Dawg44 Homosassa, FLPosts: 840 Officer

Your North Carolina concealed permit is OK here in Florida. There is a reciprocal agreement between many states to recognize another states licenses as valid. Here is a list of states that will recognize your NC permit.

Permits Honored in Other States

Permit holders should know that while they can legally carry a concealed handgun while visiting these states, they’re subject to the laws of the state they are visiting and are responsible for learning about those laws.

States with North Carolina Agreements

Alabama Kentucky Oklahoma
    Alaska Louisiana Pennsylvania
    Arizona Michigan South Carolina
    Arkansas Mississippi South Dakota
    Colorado Missouri Tennessee
    Delaware Montana Texas
    Florida Nebraska Utah
    Georgia Nevada Virginia
    Idaho New Hampshire Washington
    Indiana New Mexico West Virginia
    Iowa North Dakota Wisconsin
    Kansas Ohio Wyoming

MY WORST FEAR......THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL ALL MY BOATS & FISHING GEAR FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I PAID FOR IT.......

I may not always agree with what you say,
    but I will always respect your right to be wrong!
  • cajun1971cajun1971 Posts: 17 Greenhorn

Thanks,will check with local law enforcement about carrying on beach

• Tarpon MonoxideTarpon Monoxide Posts: 502 Officer

Open carry while you are fishing on the beach is legal in Florida.

http://www.tbo.com/news/crime/gun-carrying-fisherman-arrested-at-ballast-point-park-sues-city-police-20150930/

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.25.html

(h) A person engaged in fishing, camping, or lawful hunting or going to or returning from a fishing, camping, or lawful hunting expedition;