I hope to give it a workout Saturday!

SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 7,920 Admiral

Well folks I was just given a new G Loomis 7' Medium E6X spinning rod and a Shimano Stradic 2500 spooled with brown Power pro superslick 8. Not too keen on the Power pro but the rod and reel is impressive. I hope to wear out the reds with it this coming Saturday.

Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Replies

• Fl_Native61Fl_Native61 Posts: 45 Greenhorn

I spool all 3 of my Shimano 2500 spinning reels with PP Superslick 8 and love it.

• SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 7,920 Admiral

@Fl_Native61 said:
    I spool all 3 of my Shimano 2500 spinning reels with PP Superslick 8 and love it.

I will tell you this. I can still cast farther with my other rod and 8# Ande back country. But you can feel every single bump, wiggle or anything else with braid, that is for sure.

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 665 Officer

That is definitely a nice setup. I prefer high vis but that is an easy thing to change. My buddy fishes nothing but the PP and he loves it. Hope you catch a few............

I caught 2 trout and two reds today. Not the best weather but still got to bend the new rod.