This Weekend

Flying out tomorrow night from the deep freeze in New England for a long weekend in Port Charlotte with my parents. Will be launching out of the Myakka River. I see there is a cold front coming through. Any thoughts on where I may find fish, have a boat. Is it worth hitting flats in harbor or by Boca or would it be better to bang around up river where the water may be warmer. Any info would be great.

Replies

• TimGleasonTimGleason Posts: 289 Deckhand
    Deep and slow...Next couple of days are going to be relatively frigid for here
  • kmagnusskmagnuss Posts: 3,146 Captain
    I fished the Myakka last night just to see if anything was around... it was pretty darn slow. Only fished an hour. Water temp 62. Maybe during the day when the water is warming some from the sun it might pick up... of course, I was fishing the tail end of a terrible outgoing also which doesn't help.
    Tarpon... everything else is just bait.
    Captain Keith Magnussen - Crooked Rod Charters
  • Firetruck1Firetruck1 Posts: 139 Deckhand
    Flying out tomorrow night from the deep freeze in New England for a long weekend in Port Charlotte with my parents. Will be launching out of the Myakka River. I see there is a cold front coming through. Any thoughts on where I may find fish, have a boat. Is it worth hitting flats in harbor or by Boca or would it be better to bang around up river where the water may be warmer. Any info would be great.

Sheepshead are thick down by gasparilla sounds and Boca docks. Match the hatch with 1 or 2 hook and game on....