Green Turtle Cay-Early April

capt.gregcapt.greg James Island, SCPosts: 11 Greenhorn
Taking the boat to Green Turtle first week of April. First time going there, anyone have any experience fishing and snorkeling there? Just looking for general information on what to expect, bottom fishing and trolling that time of year.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• C-QuestC-Quest Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    It is our favorite place in the Abacos to go...There is great snorkeling all along the inside of the reef but we like the area on the southeast side of the island there is a small Island just off the main island with a house the reef on the east side is the best for snorkeling or you need to go to the area just behind Fiddle Cay on the north side of GTC. There is decent bottom fishing outside No Name to the south where the Pigs are at.

Tuna fishing is also good in the early morning or late afternoon. BFT just outside the reef or nicer YFT if you venture out 5 -10nm.
  • Team MayhemTeam Mayhem Posts: 57 Greenhorn
    I just purchased a waterfront house with a guest cottage and nice protected deep water dockage on Green Turtle. If you have not already rented a place let me know and ill send you details on the house. I can give you all kinds of advice on areas to fish, and on places to check out while you are on the island as well. I'm happy to help you out if you are interested.
  • capt.gregcapt.greg James Island, SCPosts: 11 Greenhorn
    C-Quest-great information, thanks so much! Team Mayhem-we already booked a house at the Leeward Yacht Club, but a couple of families I know are still looking for housing, if you'll message me your contact info, I will pass it along to them.
  • Team MayhemTeam Mayhem Posts: 57 Greenhorn
    Thanks Greg- You will enjoy LYC. that's where I always stayed prior to buying a place, it's a great property! I sent you a message with more info on my place. Just let me know if it's of interest. Thanks again!
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,352 Admiral
    IM sent
  • capt.gregcapt.greg James Island, SCPosts: 11 Greenhorn
    dpdash, I was unable to locate your IM. Please feel free to email me [email protected] . Thanks a bunch!