Replies

• sailfish2sailfish2 Posts: 4,244 Captain
    :machinegun
    Hoping for better luck next time...... and got it.

WINNING!
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 3,656 Captain
    A big part of the story is missing. What happened after his dog ran back into the house scared. I'll bet Andrew was clowning around with something much meaner than him. Check his phone for selfies with the bear

According to the Collier County Sheriff's Department, 41-year-old Andrew Meunier let his dog out at approximately 10:30 p.m. when it suddenly ran scared back inside.
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends President Trump
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 10,700 AG
    Agreed. There was definitely something sketchy going on. He didn't just stick his head out and get it scratched by a bear for no reason.
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 8,514 Admiral
    He probably went outside with the dog and had a smoke. When the dog ran back in a hurry to get inside he let him in, but stayed out to finish his smoke. That's when that bruin slapped him silly I bet.

Captain Todd Approves

• mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 8,514 Admiral
    The guy had it coming. He's wearing a fudge packer t-shirt.

Captain Todd Approves

• Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 8,295 Admiral
    What kind of *****-**** dog would run inside scared? Every dog I've ever know would freakout and try to chase or attack any foreign animal.
    23895.gif
    Fish Haid wrote: »
    What kind of *****-**** dog would run inside scared? Every dog I've ever know would freakout and try to chase or attack any foreign animal.

his name is Farley. He eats avocado toast and drinks chai lattes and he doesn't do "barking" because it's a vocalized form of bullying. He also wears a beanie in the summer time and listens to Cardi B
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    his name is Farley. He eats avocado toast and drinks chai lattes and he doesn't do "barking" because it's a vocalized form of bullying. He also wears a beanie in the summer time and listens to Cardi B

And wears a free Obama collar.
    2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
  • SAENoleSAENole Posts: 10,465 AG
    Fake news.

Everyone knows the bears in Florida are extinct, right?
    Warning Level 2
  • 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 1,084 Officer
    We have a serious bear issue around here!
    Jason :USA
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,679 AG
    1outlaw wrote: »
    We have a serious bear issue around here!

Don't they eat the panthers?
    Vote for the other candidate
    Agreed. There was definitely something sketchy going on. He didn't just stick his head out and get it scratched by a bear for no reason.

I just learned the details. Co worker lives in this apartment complex. After Irma a mother and 3 cubs showed up. FWC had sent out to everyone concerning the bears. Apparently no one listened. They all leave there trash cans out and so on. Well this **** was shaking a tree 1 of the cubs was in and momma popped him.
    Unfortunately he’s seen many people messing with the bears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 13,213 AG
    So a bear and her cubs show up in a complex and they should go on lock down instead of them being removed? BS..
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • SAENoleSAENole Posts: 10,465 AG
    Bears have more rights than humans in FL.
    Warning Level 2
    I just learned the details. Co worker lives in this apartment complex. After Irma a mother and 3 cubs showed up. FWC had sent out to everyone concerning the bears. Apparently no one listened. They all leave there trash cans out and so on. Well this **** was shaking a tree 1 of the cubs was in and momma popped him.
    Unfortunately he’s seen many people messing with the bears.

Play stupid games, and well you know the rest.....
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 13,213 AG
    Play stupid games, and well you know the rest.....

I do agree but letting them stay around is not a good thing.
    SAENole wrote: »

Sad but true..
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
    Mister-Jr wrote: »
    Don't they eat the panthers?

No but they eat chickens. This 1 got into my wife’s chicken enclosure and ate them all the same night I took this pic. He was trying to come over the fence.13924d7a7b1e8c973822e906e17f71a1.jpg

micci_man wrote: »
    So a bear and her cubs show up in a complex and they should go on lock down instead of them being removed? BS..

The complex is backed up to a preserve.....The bears are not living in the complex, they are using it for a food source!
    micci_man wrote: »
    I do agree but letting them stay around is not a good thing.

Sad but true..

sounds like we need another 3 day season.
  • Florida BullfrogFlorida Bullfrog Posts: 2,324 Captain
    The complex is backed up to a preserve.....The bears are not living in the complex, they are using it for a food source!

You can either train the humans or train the bears.

I don’t think many people understand that bears will avoid readily available human trash in areas where the bears have a strong fear of man. The scent of man is so scary to them they won’t dare come close to where humans tred no matter how tasty the treat may smell. That fear of man is natural. If the fear isn’t present, something very unnatural has happened to the bears. Man not acting as their predator is very unnatural.

Where I live on the border FL/GA border, the bears won’t touch my garbage at the curb of the dirt road I live on in the middle of the woods. Nor will they stray around my house or sheds. They only occationally show up at my deer feeders in the quiet corners of my farm. They behave nothing like the bears I’ve been around in central Florida that are far removed from hunting.
    You can either train the humans or train the bears.

I don’t think many people understand that bears will avoid readily available human trash in areas where the bears have a strong fear of man. The scent of man is so scary to them they won’t dare come close to where humans tred no matter how tasty the treat may smell. That fear of man is natural. If the fear isn’t present, something very unnatural has happened to the bears. Man not acting as their predator is very unnatural.

Where I live on the border FL/GA border, the bears won’t touch my garbage at the curb of the dirt road I live on in the middle of the woods. Nor will they stray around my house or sheds. They only occationally show up at my deer feeders in the quiet corners of my farm. They behave nothing like the bears I’ve been around in central Florida that are far removed from hunting.

well the idiots who feed them are the first ones who call up when they start going through the trash can or they eat grandma tildy's cat mittens.

Nobody wants to pay for bear proof trash cans, but they'll sit out there and throw scraps so the grandkids can see a wild animal up close. Same thing for alligators.
  • Florida BullfrogFlorida Bullfrog Posts: 2,324 Captain
    well the idiots who feed them are the first ones who call up when they start going through the trash can or they eat grandma tildy's cat mittens.

Nobody wants to pay for bear proof trash cans, but they'll sit out there and throw scraps so the grandkids can see a wild animal up close. Same thing for alligators.

I agree with everything your saying.

I’m just pointing out that the bears being willing to so anything near man is unnatural. Before the yanks can even feed the bears and get them to a whole new level of habituation, it shouldn’t be normal to even see the bears with human eyes to even have that opporunity to feed them. A black bear in its natural state is a ghost that hardly ever reveals its presence.

A bear wanting to hang out near humans is just as unnatural as a wild, mature, whitetail buck doing so. And the bear can be cured of that inclination just as fast as a buck can. When either animal realizes they’re prey, they’ll become invisible.
    i agree with you there. All the deer on our property are ghosts lol!
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    SAENole wrote: »

Not in the Panhandle.
    2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,