Duck hunters arrested

FLherritageFLherritage Posts: 217 Deckhand
I just heard that 10 guys were arrested in Brevard county for hunting a private pond without premission. They apparently posted a pic of a 10 man limit online. Does anyone have any info on this?

Replies

• Reel TealReel Teal Posts: 2,862 Captain
    It's all over Facebook and social media. They are the most popular duck hunters in the state now....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  • H20dadH20dad Posts: 854 Officer
    Link?
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 18,719 AG
    A bunch of twenty-somethings....with one of their dads . Known outlaws.

A FELONY.... could go real bad for any that hope to get a state cert or professional license in the future.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • FLherritageFLherritage Posts: 217 Deckhand
    They posted pics of their 10 man St John's limit while still on private property. 2 weeks in a row. Fwc busted them. A Orlando fire chief and a scfd lieutenant. I saw a Facebook post and the comments weren't positive.lol
  • PinmanPinman Posts: 1,305 Officer
    H20dad wrote: »
    Link?

Yes. Inquiring minds want to know.
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 7,667 Admiral
    So much could be said and speculated from this, sure hope everything works out according to the law ....., i dealt w many kids who had some law issues and turned out to b great people.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 8,674 Admiral
    East Coast duck commanders , someone will be on here soon touting more access opportunities,
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
    ANUMBER1 wrote: »
    East Coast duck commanders , someone will be on here soon touting more access opportunities,

There is plenty of access....If you're willing to jump a fence. :rotflmao
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • gritsnhuntin1gritsnhuntin1 Posts: 803 Officer
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    A bunch of twenty-somethings....with one of their dads . Known outlaws.

A FELONY.... could go real bad for any that hope to get a state cert or professional license in the future.

Carry permits as well.
  • huntsfloridahuntsflorida Posts: 370 Deckhand
    Good luck with any prosecution. We arrested a group of firefighters for felony trespass and multiple other charges as well a few years back. All the charges got dropped once the court found out they were firefighters.
    Capt. Mark Clemons
    Everglades Adventures Inc.
    Alligators Inc.
    Alligators International LLC.
    www.huntsflorida.com
    South Florida's Finest Hunting Safari's for over 25 years for:
    Osceola Turkey, Alligator and Whitetail on over
    75,000 acres of South Florida's most private pristine ranches.

Alligator Processing in State Certified and Inspected Facility.
    Follow our clients results on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/EvergladesAdventures
    Well sure...who doesn't love firemen... :rotflmao

I bet it had nothing to do with a procedural error or a poorly written arrest affidavit.....and a good lawyer
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • flydownflydown Posts: 6,462 Admiral
    The only thing I have found was a young man and woman arrested for Armed Trespass in Brevard county on 12-30-17.

https://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/Taylor_Stein_35157274/
    https://florida.arrests.org/search.php?fname=&lname=worrall&fpartial=True
    DYING for me was the most HE could do. LIVING for HIM is the least I can do
  • N. CookN. Cook Posts: 1,957 Captain
    When people knowing break the law they get just what they deserve if caught.....usually, these incidents are not the first time for the criminals. Hunting has a tough time in today's society...these criminals are a major help to the anti hunting sentiment....
  • bgeorgebgeorge Plant City FLPosts: 1,372 Officer
    The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones. Hopefully the next man is not dropping his stones on the mountain you are trying to move.
    E Worrall and a brother .... and There should be several Mansker...3 sons and a dad.
    10 total I believe ( that girl may be one...a G/F got nicked) ...over 2 separate incidents.
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • huntsfloridahuntsflorida Posts: 370 Deckhand
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    Well sure...who doesn't love firemen... :rotflmao

I bet it had nothing to do with a procedural error or a poorly written arrest affidavit.....and a good lawyer

None of the above. Never made it to court. All charges dropped. One of them was a fire Chief. I was told by FWC ....off the record that was the reason.
    Capt. Mark Clemons
    Everglades Adventures Inc.
    Alligators Inc.
    Alligators International LLC.
    www.huntsflorida.com
    South Florida's Finest Hunting Safari's for over 25 years for:
    Osceola Turkey, Alligator and Whitetail on over
    75,000 acres of South Florida's most private pristine ranches.

Alligator Processing in State Certified and Inspected Facility.
    Follow our clients results on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/EvergladesAdventures
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 8,561 Admiral
    I remember when this happened, I knew that it would disappear very quickly and quietly and whadda know....

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2010-11-14/news/os-lk-lauren-ritchie-the-villages-elk20101114_1_hunting-violations-montana-big-sky-state
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • Reel TealReel Teal Posts: 2,862 Captain
    No link. It's a private group, you all can go join it. I don't know where the official article is or would be. Kinda like word of mouth, being in the loop kinda thing.

• GigUmGigUm Posts: 55 Greenhorn
    Wow. Lol
    Reel Teal wrote: »
    No link. It's a private group, you all can go join it. I don't know where the official article is or would be. Kinda like word of mouth, being in the loop kinda thing.

The shark draggers would have gotten away with it too if not for social media. Guess this thread was started for drama only.
    The shark draggers would have gotten away with it too if not for social media. Guess this thread was started for drama only.
    yeah, but these bastards felony trespassed on private land, need at least some jail time and 10 year suspension of all hunting and fishing licenses..

Unless they are part of the EC in the know/dike jumping/SFWMD/SJWMD/STA hating suck ups, then just let them go in the name of I am a duck god and anyone else in the state don't know ****!!
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
    ANUMBER1 wrote: »
    yeah, but these bastards felony trespassed on private land, need at least some jail time and 10 year suspension of all hunting and fishing licenses..

Unless they are part of the EC in the know/dike jumping/SFWMD/SJWMD/STA hating suck ups, then just let them go in the name of I am a duck god and anyone else in the state don't know ****!!

I have no idea what you are saying. Can somebody translate?
    I have no idea what you are saying. Can somebody translate?
    some know and some don't...:wink
    Ah shoot.. Somebody's not too keen to folks jumpin' his fences and fowling water.

https://www.facebook.com/drew.tucker.37?fref=search
  • DayzGonByeDayzGonBye Posts: 80 Greenhorn
    flydown wrote: »
    Ah shoot.. Somebody's not too keen to folks jumpin' his fences and fowling water.

https://www.facebook.com/drew.tucker.37?fref=search

A cattleman's livelihood and how we provides for his family is based on how he protects and uses his land. Moral of the story is don't "F" with a cowboy's property.
    DayzGonBye wrote: »
    A cattleman's livelihood and how we provides for his family is based on how he protects and uses his land. Moral of the story is don't "F" with a cowboy's property.

Oh, I get it. I would be red in the rear as well.
  • PinmanPinman Posts: 1,305 Officer
    Thanks for the links.

Possible "disputed high water line" defense coming?
  • Walker DogWalker Dog Posts: 1,724 Captain
    Pinman wrote: »
    Thanks for the links.

Possible "disputed high water line" defense coming?

Good luck with that, if so. The area isn't below the MHWM. That whole area has already been litigated. I'm sure they can find a lawyer who will be happy to take their money though, if they'd like. The more it costs them, the less likely they will be to repeat their "mistake".
  • bgeorgebgeorge Plant City FLPosts: 1,372 Officer
    Walker Dog wrote: »
    Good luck with that, if so. The area isn't below the MHWM. That whole area has already been litigated. I'm sure they can find a lawyer who will be happy to take their money though, if they'd like. The more it costs them, the less likely they will be to repeat their "mistake".
    Even if the water was, you would have to have legal access to it. I can't park in a persons driveway and open their side gate and walk thru their yard to go to the beach or lake. Do it with a gun and it is bad. Do not know much about the property involved but I would be willing to wager a gentlemans bet that that approach will not fair well.
    The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones. Hopefully the next man is not dropping his stones on the mountain you are trying to move.