I'll Ask, Is This Insane Or What?

AC ManAC Man Posts: 3,992 Captain
My son took a small electric trolling motor, chopped off the top and screwed it to the back of my Kayak and rigged a small rod to steer it. Is it true I must register and licence it with numbers on the hull just like my 36 CC offshore boat? How about a large scale RC boat? Is that next? What a freaking joke.

Replies

• AC ManAC Man Posts: 3,992 Captain
    Sorry for the typo in the title.
  • Gary SGary S Posts: 828 Officer
    Very inventive son. But the kayak is now under power.
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 4,883 Captain
    Yes it needs to be registered now that its powered. Been on the books for a very long time.
  • The Cat's EyeThe Cat's Eye Posts: 1,186 Officer
    Yep.... if you don't register it he will be stopped by FWC. They will probably issue him a warning the first time but then they will put him into the system, and if he gets stopped again it will cost you a great deal more then the registration fee. If you don't have a title for the kayak you will have to provide one of these:

A proof of ownership document such as:

Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin.
    Official statement of the vessel's builder.
    Dealer's bill of sale.

https://www.dmv.org/fl-florida/boat-registration.php
    Giimoozaabi
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 4,500 Captain

Yep, heck they are even considering requiring a registration for paddle craft too. Mo money for the government cause they aint got enough. I put a trolling motor on my home made canoe and I got it registered.

Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.
  • DropTheHammerDropTheHammer East CoastPosts: 556 Officer

A modern gel battery (also known as a "gel cell") is a VRLA battery with a gelified electrolyte; the sulfuric acid is mixed with fumed silica, which makes the resulting mass gel-like and immobile. Unlike a flooded wet-cell lead-acid battery, these batteries do not need to be kept upright.

I own A fishing rod! ;)

deep-cycle battery is a lead-acid battery designed to be regularly

deeply discharged using most of its capacity. In contrast, starter batteries

(e.g. most automotive batteries) are designed to deliver short, high-current bursts 

for cranking the engine, thus frequently discharging only a small part of their capacity.

Get ready!

Here it comes. ;)

I meet you with shtuff at the door.

https://www.pfizer.be/#_career

We all new what we were doing until DropTheHammer showed up.
  • Rich MRich M Posts: 1,035 Officer
    Yup - gotta register it, just like any other boat you want to use ANY motor on.
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 4,500 Captain
    edited August 7 #9
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 3,804 Captain
    I can't see his posts either. Perhaps he was not actually banned but put on some sort of ignore just so he wastes his time looking up all of the nonsensical stuff and then none of it actually showing up for people to view. Maybe he is the only one who sees it. 

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• Rich MRich M Posts: 1,035 Officer
    Same here - he's all over the place bur nowhere to be seen.  LOL!

She sells sea shells by the sea shore.

How much wood could A wood chuck chuck if A wood chuck could chuck wood?

He doesn't speak Spanish. He doesn't understand. Let me tell him in English.
    Now he understands. You seA, it's the same person.

She sells sea shells by the sea shore! ;)

It was an accident. I didn't mean to do it.

You can do it. You're allowed.

I'm here to help you. Let me show you what to do.

I was able to get the junk from the Pallino family and that's how I got addicted.

They're connected and I was able to get it when ever I wanted. You can't mess
    with the Pallino's!

• BarrellBarrell Posts: 1,031 Officer
    AC Man said:
    My son took a small electric trolling motor, chopped off the top and screwed it to the back of my Kayak and rigged a small rod to steer it. Is it true I must register and licence it with numbers on the hull just like my 36 CC offshore boat? How about a large scale RC boat? Is that next? What a freaking joke.

You may not use a boat ramp. Or fish from a fishing pier. Or use an artificial reef. However many of us do. Your registration money contributes to all those positive things. So just pay the $12 and know its going to good causes.