Home Off Topic

My Thursday road rage experience....

Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,336 Moderator
Heading N on four lane county road. Normal traffic. Before traffic thickens, I'm at a red light, and to my left at might is a sharp lifted new Dodge diesel. All blacked out, and looked good. In fact, I know he has 35 niito MTs on it.

Figured that's the last time I'll see the truck. About three lights later while under way something catches me eye. I'm in left lane and going the speed limit heading up towards a red light. What's that bothering me in my right eye? I look over and this dude has his window down yelling at me with BOTH hands out of the window with a... Shoe-shoe, speed up motion.

I'm sure I made a face because I was just shocked. He **** in right behind me as I eased into a turn lane.

Turn lane is a split in median. He's bummer to bumper. I'm angled to hit 2 lanes of S bound traffic at about a 45.

He almost kisses my bumper, then snatches it out back in N bound, then immediately cuts hard left and lays his truck perpendicular to flow

I figure some more screaming will commence and we're done.

He throws it in park. Hops out. Yelling and gesturing.

I'm a little freaked. I hit gas a touch to get away from his truck that's got me almost blocked in.

At this point he comes to my door and snatches on handle as I'm moving truck slowly into what could me oncoming traffic.

Could not see what's coming from N because of his truck.

Nobody was coming thankfully,. I did huge S to N into N lanes Uturn, got around his truck in the median space, cut some people off. Hauled *** N. Managed to put distance between us. Saw red light coming, so elected to U turn S.

Did that. He was in left lane and I was solo heading S. He sees me coming and **** into the third involved median space.

He leaves truck and gets in middle of road I'm front of me

BIZARRE.

It happened so fast. I really thought the dude was going to pull a gun when he came to my truck and couldn't unlock the door.

Felt a lot like ****ing assault.

Dude tried getting in my truck. My first thought was, he's gonna shoot me. Second thought.... He's gonna bust a window. Third thought, if he does, I'm in seat belt and I'll grab some part of him and floor it.

Crazy stuff.

I'm not sure what law is, but it anything like that ever happens again and he's in front of me in foot... He's getting mowed down with bumper.

Not sure how much good a gun would have done for me. Happened all so fast. Plus, he was loose and in much better position to pull one and respond.

Scared me. I'm not scared often, but that shirt freaked me out.

Dude was crazy. And he had me pinned.

I'll be more aware going forward, but **** that guy.

I wanted to call police so bad during car chase, but I had no time. I had Chevy hooked up like a Porsche between b traffic.

Hell with this world sometimes. I went from good assessment flee, then a little panic set in, and now I'm pissed.

It may or may not go down the same way if the situation occurs again.
"Whatcha doin' in my waters?"

Replies

• Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,491 AG
    Proof read please.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • JEN'S REVENGEJEN'S REVENGE Posts: 661 Officer
    you are a better man than I, homeboy would have caught a .45 to the chest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gary SGary S Posts: 2,254 Captain
    Had a guy pull out in front of me a couple months ago and then slam on the brakes after I drifted too close to him. I was slowing down by taking my foot off gas pedal, was just putting on brake when he named on his. I gave him a right hand middle finger salute. He went bezerk, pulled off road jumped out of his truck jumping up and down waving his arms as a slowly drove by. He jumped back in his truck and flew up behind me as a I stopped at a stop sign and again jumped out of his truck. I pulled off slowly and proceeded down the road. At this point I have a 380 on my lap and about half way too the next light he turns around and leaves. I had been up for about 30 hours, I'm 63 years old and I don't need this crap. I am glad he turned around but if he had pulled on my door he would probably be I'm jail. my door would need a paint job and I would need a lawyer. Glad it didn't go down that way.
  • ncdeadncdead Posts: 545 Officer
    Well, that's quite disturbing. I never understood road rage..I understand being pissed off when some other driver does something that you don't like...it's happened to me recently. This stupid chick pulled right out in front of me and I had to lock it up and sled sideways to avoid hitting her but the notion of getting out of the car and confronting someone seems idiotic. You never know who or what you are up against...best to let it go and be glad nobody got hurt.
  • fishdishfishdish Posts: 1,223 Officer
    You definitely took the high road and reading your post pissed me off too. Punk **** Rednecks. Probably blaring Hick Hop out the truck too.
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    Do that to the wrong person and you'll end up shot. Glad that didn't happen
    You should have been here yesterday
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,336 Moderator
    Mango Man wrote: »
    Proof read please.

Sent from my SM

Post from phone after polishing off a bottle of the good stuff. Please forgive me, good sir.
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,554 AG
    Small weiners will cause rage.

When I was younger driving my works van some guy raged on me at a red light. He was driving a dinky convertible in his pony tail.

Long story short, he comes up to my van with his arms flailing in anger. He accidentally smashed the back of left his hand on the driver side mirror. It shut him up real quick and he walked back to his car with his pony tail between his legs.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Captain Todd Approves

• Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,002 Admiral
    Panhandler you did right..
    I'll avoid that kind of stuff if I can but if you trap me and open my door..it'll be the Last door you yank on.
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 9,785 Admiral
    I stay as far away as possible from jacked up trucks.

I saw three wrecks when evacuating during Irma. All three involved jacked up trucks. All three trucks were black and lying on their side. All three hit other cars while lane jumping.
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • Tim FredTim Fred Posts: 109 Deckhand
    There have been quite a few road rage incidents in the panhandle area recently, as reported by news media. One resulted in a fatal shooting on I 10 in Alabama. I also recall a road rage shooting on 10 in Jackson County that involved a Ford Raptor with bullet holes and bloodstains a few years ago.
    If some motorist has a "near miss" collision encounter with another vehicle, why not just continue on their way grateful that no harm occurred. I don't see anything good coming from pursuing somebody and escalating to violence. That being said, whenever some testosterone-fueled rampaging meathead provokes violence and gets what he deserves, I'm okay with that.
    Safe travels to you all.
    It was crazy stuff. I'm really glad I didn't have a handgun nearby because it might have been used. Honestly though, it escalated so quickly and was so off my radar, that id have had to been looking for an altercation if I was to be prepared.

I'm just thankful that I had my new truck with automatic door locks. Old truck door would have swung right open. I fully expected the dude to break my window open after door didn't open, or at the very least punch a dent. Really really glad that didn't happen because I might have gone from flight to fight without thinking about it.
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,453 Admiral
    homeboy would have caught a .45 to the chest

Umm...here let me assist...two to the chest and one to the head to ensure the d-bag never acted a fool again.
    This dude who cuts the hay on our farm fired about five shots into this dudes truck while chasing him down the road...thought he was being threatened I guess but seemed a bit extreme to me. Got a year in jail for it...lucky he didn't get charged with attempted murder. One bullet went though the headrest right beside the guys head. Lucky he didn't kill the cat...stupid man.
  • CountryBumpkinCountryBumpkin Fla. Piney WoodsPosts: 1,777 Captain
    Yes between the "healthy freak" kids taking roids that make them rage..........and the "druggers" with the "meth anger".......it seems to happen a lot more frequently these days.

At least back in the day when it was "angel dust" that caused most of it...........lots of them thought they could fly also.....so more of the problems cured themselves eventually.:grin

Maybe he was on "bath salts" and just wanted a taste of your face.:rotflmao
  • badonskybuccaneersbadonskybuccaneers Posts: 123 Officer
    Yes sir- sounds like you did the right thing.... Best to try and leave a situation like that in your rear view! Safely.
    I guess it never occurs to those incompetent people (being nice there) that if they start trying to snatch your door open in a rage that they might end up with lead poisoning!? Guess testosterone boost overrides any thought of reason!
    Yes between the "healthy freak" kids taking roids that make them rage..........and the "druggers" with the "meth anger".......it seems to happen a lot more frequently these days.

At least back in the day when it was "angel dust" that caused most of it...........lots of them thought they could fly also.....so more of the problems cured themselves eventually.:grin

Maybe he was on "bath salts" and just wanted a taste of your face.:rotflmao
    Man angel dust....god almighty. Tried it once when I was about 19. Took one big old hit...figured I would try anything once. Bad idea...they say it gives you superhuman powers...well, I could barely stand and when I did I was puking out of the window. Utterly messed me up. Never again after that....terrible stuff.
  • JEN'S REVENGEJEN'S REVENGE Posts: 661 Officer
    Westwall01 wrote: »
    Umm...here let me assist...two to the chest and one to the head to ensure the d-bag never acted a fool again.

Yeah, you and I are in the same line of work. So our skills may be slightly superior to others. And to any doubters, google "Vero Beach road rage shooting"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,693 AG
    people here seem to be driving crazy too.
    Glad you're ok.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,002 Admiral
    Where is HERE..?
    Ozello....Everybody drives Golf Carts because of DUI's there. Not much Road Rage at 8 miles an hour...
    A spilled beer can tie up the sidewalk for a bit..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,693 AG
    Where is HERE..?
    Ozello....Everybody drives Golf Carts because of DUI's there. Not much Road Rage at 8 miles an hour...
    A spilled beer can tie up the sidewalk for a bit..[/QUOTEUm, been some DUI's in the carts... lol

I was talking bout Crystal River and Homosassa, US 19 etc.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 6,541 Admiral
    I didn't read all the posts in this thread but by many experiences of 'Road Rage' DO NOT make eye contact with the aggressor, it will only compound anger of the aggressor, just go on with your normal driving pattern. I use to 'F' with these guys that you described in my earlier years but no more. It's a different world now from 15 years ago, just let it go. Never had an altercation for many years.
  • drgibbydrgibby Posts: 1,538 Captain
    Seems like an open and shut case of stand your ground. Hard for me to retreat when I am boxed in by traffic and there is a deranged individual about to open my door.
    I would have had my Glock in my hand when the bung hole opened HIS door.
    If he was that hell bent on having his chest ventilated, I would feel obligated to oblige him.
  • swampwalkerswampwalker Posts: 2,359 Captain
    Yeah, you and I are in the same line of work. So our skills may be slightly superior to others. And to any doubters, google "Vero Beach road rage shooting"
    Interesting. Hopefully those w "superior skills" won't put rounds in another vehicle with a 3-yr old in the car. Injured innocents probably won't play well in the "stand-your-ground" defense. Personally - me receiving rounds in my car with grandkids could have jeopardized the safety of the person with "superior skills". I can handle threats to myself a lot saner than a threat to a family member. Be safe folks and definitely be on the alert when driving.
    The original - "Renaissance Redneck"
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,335 Moderator
    Had three "gentleman" of a different ethnicity pull over in front of me after I relieved myself on Hiway 27 north of Okeechobee .
    One inebriated fellow started walking toward my truck asking if I needed directions. "NO" I said and got in the truck. He turned and yelled something like "get the gun" or "he's gonna run" to the other two. I took off throwing dirt and he runs in front of my Ramcharger trying to stop me ! When he seen I wasn't stopping he tried to jump on the hood. Slid up and broke my windshield and over the side he went.
    Last I seen was his buds running to him in my rearview mirror. Drove like hell but never seen them. Was a Tuesday and no traffic.
    Scared me pretty good.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • restlessnativerestlessnative Posts: 2,374 Captain
    Sorry about that, I was having a bad day. However, I suggest you take your driving gloves off and proceed like a normal person and not an 88 year old Chinese lady. TYIA.
    King_Me wrote: »
    I didn't read all the posts in this thread but by many experiences of 'Road Rage' DO NOT make eye contact with the aggressor, it will only compound anger of the aggressor, just go on with your normal driving pattern. I use to 'F' with these guys that you described in my earlier years but no more. It's a different world now from 15 years ago, just let it go. Never had an altercation for many years.

Good point about eye contact. I really didn't intended to visually engage the dude. I looked over with a huge **** face on. I'm sure I then scowled and fueled his fire.

It was just bizzare. Was minding my own heading back to work after lunch.

What's also strange is that the more I think about the whole deal, they more angry I grow. I'm hopeful that if it ever happens again I won't let current anger cloud my judgement. Really don't want to kill, or be killed. **** that guy on Wednesday, though. Grrrrr
  • squidvicioussquidvicious Posts: 529 Officer
    florida drivers are the absolute worst!
    can we please stop using the word ISSUE ? it's a PROBLEM
    :wink
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,554 AG
    I usually just swear and rage in my car without gestures or eye contact.

I few weeks ago I did flip the bird to a guy who thought I cut him off. I thought what the heck am I doing. He looked like a college age kid.

I diffused it quickly by channeling Todd by waving and blowing him a kiss in the rearview mirror.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Captain Todd Approves

• ScarecrowScarecrow Posts: 338 Deckhand
    florida drivers are the absolute worst!
    That's because like you, most are from North of here.