Home West Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Santa delivered Snook!

Left the dock around 8:30 A.M. and went straight to Palma Sola bay in search of some trout and reds. With having our power pole inoperable, today's wind was not in our favor. Luckily found some white bait this morning so had the well filled with that and shrimp. Fished open water docks in Palma Sola. No reds, just a few mangos (just over 10" so threw back). Fed up with the wind, we decided to head over to Key Royale and fish deeper docks that were in areas blocked from the wind. Sheepshead were everywhere, but seemed to be to small even for my 1/0 hook. Saw a school of 4 or 5 snook all just under or just in slot. Couldn't hook one if my life depended on it. Caught a few more small mangos and decided to head back home until the tide would turn again at 4ish.

Left the dock at 3:30 PM and went straight to my snook mangrove go to. Fished it 4-5 P.M. went 1/1 on snook (25"). Either a trout of snook attempted hitting my top water, but missed.

Got home just around sunset, so decided to free-line the leftover greenies while I was washing the boat...what do you know!? A fat slot snook hit one of the lines at the dock next to mine! Makes me wonder...why even leave the dock?:rotflmao

I'll be fishing leftover bait every trip from now on! Anyways, what a way to celebrate Christmas Eve!

Tight Lines & Happy Holidays,
SS

Replies