Home Off Topic

60 lb MJ

stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,552 Admiral
An 80 yo man & his 83 yo wife were caught in Nebraska hauling 60lb of primo CA weed. Said it was for Christmas presents.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/elderly-couple-had-60-pounds-marijuana-presents-police-say-n832146

Replies

• MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 2,190 Captain
    Good thing those cops spent all those tax $$ on taking that horrible, dangerous drug dealers off the streets!?!?
  • sailfish2sailfish2 Posts: 4,315 Captain
    Victimless crime......
    Hoping for better luck next time...... and got it.

WINNING!
  • Nick NikonNick Nikon Posts: 3,290 Captain
    It all comes down to a simple maxim:

"Commit one crime at a time."

You can get away with almost anything.

Obeying traffic regulations is number one on the list.
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 5,971 Admiral
    stc1993 wrote: »
    Said it was for Christmas presents.
    It seems legit :grin
    Anyway it depends on how many grandsons they have got
    Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English
    ********************************************************************************************************************************
    I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
    I'm not afraid of Coravirus but I'm scared by the paranoid pandemic army who ask for the sanitary naz**m.
    Vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
  • MACDMACD Lee CountyPosts: 4,957 Captain
    80 year old idiots. Some humans don't learn over time.
  • GROUPER SCOOPERGROUPER SCOOPER Posts: 1,871 Captain
    MACD wrote: »
    80 year old idiots. Some humans don't learn over time.

Well that says alot.

The "some humans don't learn over time" part,what does that mean?
    Everything affects everything.You can't just change one thing.Every thing is connected.
    Well that says alot.

The "some humans don't learn over time" part,what does that mean?

Apparently chemical addiction doesn't offend you.
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,129 Admiral

:rotflmao
    pot smokers are always looking for justification.
    they caress their minds with thc to justify their actions.
  • sailfish2sailfish2 Posts: 4,315 Captain
    :Spittingcoffee
    Hoping for better luck next time...... and got it.

WINNING!
    If you drink caffeine, use tobacco, or alcohol; you have more chemical addiction than these 80yr olds and their pot...
  • Dr. BogasDr. Bogas Posts: 533 Officer
    Can’t charge them will selling they were giving it away.

Have you ever used Aspirin?

Can't face the "reality" of a headache or muscular pain?

Do a little research on Aspirin ... how many overdoses every year?

In the past few decades, newer pain relievers have helped Arthritis patients.

Previously, severe Birth Defects were directly attributable to heavy use of Aspirin.

No birth defects have ever been linked to cannabis, and zero overdoses.

Are aspirin, alcohol, and tobacco, all off your list of "acceptable" products?

If so, go ahead and dump on everyone who uses them.

If not, ... go suck an egg and mind your own business.
  • Walker DogWalker Dog Posts: 2,155 Captain
    MJ advocates always talk about how harmless it is and how it's the silver bullet for whatever health problem you might have.

I guess it's legalization in CO and their sudden and substantial increase traffic fatalities was just an unfortunate coincidence.

I don't have any problem with it's prescribed use when the prescription comes from a physician for actual problems that its known to be able to help with. Not a fan of people self medicating or using recreationally though.
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,552 Admiral
    The traffic fatalities haven't increased in CO or Washington state since legalization. The rate of minor accidents have increased though.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/06/26/what-marijuana-legalization-did-to-car-accident-rates/?utm_term=.98c19c3fdf2a
    Walker Dog wrote: »
    MJ advocates always talk about how harmless it is and how it's the silver bullet for whatever health problem you might have.

I guess it's legalization in CO and their sudden and substantial increase traffic fatalities was just an unfortunate coincidence.

I don't have any problem with it's prescribed use when the prescription comes from a physician for actual problems that its known to be able to help with. Not a fan of people self medicating or using recreationally though.
    So, I assume you have problems with people who enjoy a drink after a long day? Or a drink to relax? Or a cigarette to calm the nerves? Or people drinking more than a few to feel a buzz?

My point is; look up the history of why and how marijuana was regulated the way it is... You will realize that a few people in power pushed to make it illegal for economic purposes. Now, ask yourself how and why tobacco and alcohol are legal, even tho they are far far more dangerous than weed.

(Btw, I obviously do not condone using any drug/drink while driving, working, etc..) whaever you do in your home is none of mine or anybody else business-so long as your not harming others!
    I don't care if you want to get stoned and laugh at the world...... as long as you aren't bothering anyone else. Same with alcohol. But don't make your pleasure someone else's problem. Too many don't just do that though and that's where the real concern is.

The idiot Hot Boxers who think if they're feeling good then its all good are the ones who ruin it for you. If it was all good and no bad, like some like to make it out to be, nobody would care what you or others choose to do to yourselves.

MJ is like most other drugs. If used as they should be then they can be a good thing. When they are abused, they are a problem for the abuser and others. That's why it's appropriate for their use to be controlled.
  • GROUPER SCOOPERGROUPER SCOOPER Posts: 1,871 Captain

LMFAO!

You stated "chemical" addiction in a thread that's about pot.

You don't know squat.
    Everything affects everything.You can't just change one thing.Every thing is connected.
    Walker Dog wrote: »

MJ is like most other drugs. If used as they should be then they can be a good thing. When they are abused, they are a problem for the abuser and others. That's why it's appropriate for their use to be controlled.

Control is the key word, where I disagree with you. Those in power, used "control", to financially benefit. The prison guard unions use "control" to advocate against legalization to financially benefit.
    "Control" is often paid for by lobbyist to gain a financial gain in ALL markets. Hence, why I am almost always against govt involvement, because eventually the govt is lobbied a certain way.

Also, one cannot abuse weed. You cannot get addicted. You cannot overdose. It is way way more safe than many pharma drugs on the market. (Perhaps that's why big pharma lobbies against?)

(Sent from a hypocrite-ish, while working in a big pharmaceutical facility! )
  • Funny thread,

Shows a lot of ignorance and intolerance.....mostly ignorance!
  • MadbeachMadbeach On the riverPosts: 970 Officer
    You're goin' to hades if you do the devil's lettuce. The gov and church told me this, so I know it to be true.
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 7,078 Admiral
    I was going to post on this thread but I forgot what I was going to post about.......

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

Not so sure I can agree with the idea that it can't be abused. Just about anything can be abused. Same with the idea that there is nothing to be concerned about.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
  • badbullgatorbadbullgator Posts: 1,589 Captain
    Why does it you? Mind your own ****ing business
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
    Madbeach wrote: »
    You're goin' to hades if you do the devil's lettuce. The gov and church told me this, so I know it to be true.

Hilarious.

Sounds like a sound-bite from Roy Moore ...
  • MadbeachMadbeach On the riverPosts: 970 Officer
    Nick Nikon wrote: »
    Hilarious.

Sounds like a sound-bite from Roy Moore ...

That's because it's the smoke of hades. It's the devil's harvest with it's arms around our children. If my grandparents were still alive, I think I'd like to ask them how many people have they known that were **** or even murdered because of this demon. Thank god for Harry Anslinger.
  • The VilleThe Ville Posts: 457 Deckhand
    It's not the smoking it's the candy. CBD oil is awesome for pain ask someone who is using it. Candy is the real issue, they eat to much and it acts differently on the body.
    It's not my job to provide your education look it up yourself!
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,552 Admiral
    The Ville wrote: »
    It's not the smoking it's the candy. CBD oil is awesome for pain ask someone who is using it. Candy is the real issue, they eat to much and it acts differently on the body.

It takes longer too. So they think it's not doing anything & they eat some more. It's a lot stronger these days than it use to be.