Photos of your 3 Best Saltwater Fish

Replies

• greyreefsharkgreyreefshark Posts: 424 Deckhand
    WadeFisherman, the barracuda was off of the beach in Boca Raton, Florida. And the Jack was off the beach in West Palm, Florida. Both on the east coast.
  • WadeFishermanWadeFisherman Posts: 437 Deckhand
    WadeFisherman, the barracuda was off of the beach in Boca Raton, Florida. And the Jack was off the beach in West Palm, Florida. Both on the east coast.

Nice work, especially with all the seaweed.
  • nh guynh guy Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    My 3 best 1 from New England and 2 from Fla.
    1st. 46" Striper trolling live mack in N. Shore Ma. harbor in kayak. My PB striper to date

2nd. 46" Bull Red in Jax on St. John also my PB red to date

3rd. 42" Bull Red w/ 84 spots on side showing and just as may on other side. My koolest fish of any kind by far.
    nh guy wrote: »
    1st. 46" Striper trolling live mack in N. Shore Ma. harbor in kayak. My PB striper to date

3rd. 42" Bull Red w/ 84 spots on side showing and just as may on other side. My koolest fish of any kind by far.

AWESOME FISH Nh guy!!! That Bull Red with the spots is super cool!
    nh guy wrote: »

SnookSlob1 wrote: »

This monster

🤣
  • Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 4,283 Moderator
    Humboldt Squid, Tahsis, Vancouver, caught on fly!

Not a big sword, but my first

Not the biggest dolphin I have caught, but certainly one of the prettiest
  • Conchy CritterConchy Critter Posts: 1,712 Captain
    Couldn't pick just 3

My daughters first Wahoo

My biggest Hogs

My first bonefish

My FIL first sail

My wife's first Pacific Sail
  • dsteus1dsteus1 Posts: 85 Deckhand
    Biggest redfish to date caught at John's pass

My favorite catch ever! Worked on a charter boat as a first mate this day was a normal grouper trip in 100ft spotted this one on surface right behind boat didn't have a wire rig threw a freeline jumbo pilchard on 40 lb mono, so I had the excuse to not pass the rod to one of the customers and land this tank never got it weighed but it was hard to hold I guess around 80lbs!

Personal best cobia on commercial trip 57 lbs gutted!

Biggest fish caught on fly there was 100 of these fish crushing glass minnows wouldn't touch any bait other then the buggy whip!

Doubled up with my best friend one of the most epic days ever caught a dozen this size between the two of us!

After every charter we would dump the bait at the dock this would bring a ton of catfish and a swarm of overslot snook to enjoy this daily bait dump.
    Those are some killer fish guys!
  • GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 550 Officer
    Actually got this guy into the boat with a small net. I didn't have my gaff with me. Won't make that mistake again.
  • GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 550 Officer
    a small net and A LOT OF LUCK. Only had about a third of him in the net and lifted on the leader
  • SuperMutuSuperMutu Posts: 196 Deckhand
    xenia wrote: »
    Probably these three: 73.5 and 71 lb kings on 20 lb test, 80 lb black on heavy bottom gear. Not many this size nowadays. I don't expect to catch any this size again.

Can't imagine why :shrug
  • JIMinPBJIMinPB Posts: 1,875 Captain
    Geeze, I have to pick just 3?

I picked 3 that were big for the species. The sail was pretty darn big. That blackfin was the biggest I have ever seen. Same with the 37" AP on the kayak. They were all hard fighters. All came in on big live baits.
  • benwah22benwah22 Posts: 99 Greenhorn
    Three best? Not sure if these are the three best, but all have significance.

First sail I got on a jig:

All around biggest fish that wasn't a shark landed on a jig:

Biggest mutton landed on a jig - but this pic reminds me more of the insane trip that surrounded it:

Bonus 4th pic - first pic that got me in a magazine (mom was proud), and a hell of a porgie:

@mrbennyortiz on Instagram for more adventures. Great thread!
    Instagram:  @mrbennyortiz
    Temple Reef Pro Team
    Aftco Pro Team
    Slow Pitch Jigger
    Occasional Fish Catcher
  • Chumboy2016Chumboy2016 Posts: 36 Greenhorn
    They can be your biggest, simply your favorite, or even just your most memorable. How ever you’d like to do it!
    Benwah22, that first pic of yours is Freakin sweet man, with the background sunlight and everything!

Also, what is that Pig you caught in the second pic? That’s a beast!

Thanks for posting your Awesome pics man!
    Chumboy2016,

That is a SICK Goliath!!! I honestly don’t think I’d have a chance of bringing one of those in unless I put some serious gym time in!

Congrats on that catch, and your
    beautiful Amberjack as well! I’ve never had the pleasure of catching one of those either, but from what I’ve read it’s a Serious Fight!

Thanks for sharing your Terrific pics man!
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 18,986 AG
    Pretty mad about photobucket holding my pictures hostage... so a lot of nice pics are lost in the cloud somewhere.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • Chumboy2016Chumboy2016 Posts: 36 Greenhorn
    Chumboy2016,

That is a SICK Goliath!!! I honestly don’t think I’d have a chance of bringing one of those in unless I put some serious gym time in!

Congrats on that catch, and your
    beautiful Amberjack as well! I’ve never had the pleasure of catching one of those either, but from what I’ve read it’s a Serious Fight!

Thanks for sharing your Terrific pics man!

Thank you I went out with Big Bully Outdoors. Its a fantastic charter on the SW FL Coast. That Goliath was a bucket list fist and they set me up to catch 3 giants and about a dozen or so of the 25+lb AJ's. It was an awesome trip.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 9,161 Admiral
    Mine would be sad in comparison to most here. a 5lb sheepshead, a 23" red grouper, and a 7lb kingfish, all caught by my son mind you. The rest have been spanish macs, mangos, and a shark or two. But we've only been boat fishing for a couple years so the best is still yet to come. I can't wait to get a cobia. that's next on the list.
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
    Benwah22, that first pic of yours is Freakin sweet man, with the background sunlight and everything!

Also, what is that Pig you caught in the second pic? That’s a beast!

Thanks for posting your Awesome pics man!

2nd pic was an 80lb AJ caught off of Islamorada on board Capt. Easy. Hit about 3 cranks off the bottom in 300ft of water. It was not pleasant
    Temple Reef Pro Team
    Aftco Pro Team
    Slow Pitch Jigger
    Occasional Fish Catcher
  • MonelloMonello Posts: 46 Greenhorn
    Caught with a 5 wt pole while fishing for pink salmon

A limit of sockeye

Irish lord
    Mine would be sad in comparison to most here. a 5lb sheepshead, a 23" red grouper, and a 7lb kingfish, all caught by my son mind you. The rest have been spanish macs, mangos, and a shark or two. But we've only been boat fishing for a couple years so the best is still yet to come. I can't wait to get a cobia. that's next on the list.

Everyone starts somewhere - enjoy the process and more importantly, enjoy the time with your son! Have fun out there
    Temple Reef Pro Team
    Aftco Pro Team
    Slow Pitch Jigger
    Occasional Fish Catcher
    Soda Popinski, x2 on what Benwah22 said! I’m just beginning Salt Water Fishing myself. So every new fish I catch, no matter what size, is a joy and victory to me.👍😊
  • JustKeepSwimmingJustKeepSwimming Posts: 172 Deckhand
    Monello...where did you catch those salmon?
    Beautiful fish Monello! I never heard of or seen that last one.
  • MonelloMonello Posts: 46 Greenhorn
    Monello...where did you catch those salmon?

Kenai Peninsula, Alaska. Technically saltwater fish but caught when they came into the freshwater river to spawn.

If you enjoy fishing & majestic scenery, then put Alaska on your list. 50 fish days are possible.
  • permit_mepermit_me Posts: 904 Officer
    my boy's 1st red

my 1st permit

my last tarpon landed

not the biggest, but some of the best :fishing
    Niiiiice! I LOVE that Permit! I don’t dont care what size, I would just love to catch one.