Photos of your 3 Best Saltwater Fish

They can be your biggest, simply your favorite, or even just your most memorable. How ever you’d like to do it!

Replies

• greyreefsharkgreyreefshark Posts: 423 Deckhand
    They can be your biggest, simply your favorite, or even just your most memorable. How ever you’d like to do it!

2d8d754d153f406d32f1d1629b1801eb.jpg2e98aca085c669e44e20dbff54bdb782.jpg

2 is all I have right now. Hopefully as I learn to catch more saltwater fish, I’ll
    have more catches and photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • mlangemlange Posts: 52 Greenhorn
    oops, not a salt water fish! 52"
  • nickmonickmo Posts: 24 Greenhorn
    I know this sounds like BS, but most of the memorable days of fishing for me, either I didn't have a camera or my phone was dead.
    Daaaang mlange! Who cares if that ain’t saltwater, show THAT Musky everyday + Sunday man! Awesome catch! Fish of 10,000 casts right there. 😊👍
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 5,792 Admiral
    It's tough a choice but one of the best days was when I put my wife on a Grand Slam fishing out of Chub Cay, No pictures of the fish but the flags represent a Sail a blue and 2 Whites all caught on 20 lb
    Being the sport she is she got sick in between some of the fish but jumped to action when a fish came into the spread, the seas that day were a solid 6-8 with a few bigger ones just to keep it intresting
  • JustKeepSwimmingJustKeepSwimming Posts: 139 Deckhand
    nickmo wrote: »
    I know this sounds like BS, but most of the memorable days of fishing for me, either I didn't have a camera or my phone was dead.

I'm sure most people can relate to this. You always have some of the most memorable fishing moments when your on your own and have no way of recording it.

My first ever Atlantic salmon was one of my most memorable catches. I was all on my own but thankfully had a camera. Caught it in the salt, on a fly rod, on a bright sunny day. If I didn't get a photo of it nobody would believe me.
    Greyreefshark...Did you catch those fish from the shore? That jack is a beast.
    Sure was. The Jack was off Singer Island, West Palm. And the Cuda was off Boca Raton Beach, or whatever the beach is called in Boca Raton.
    Dragonbait, what is a “Grand Slam”? Besides the homerun.
    Gorgeous fish Justkeepswimming!
  • xeniaxenia Posts: 261 Deckhand
    Probably these three: 73.5 and 71 lb kings on 20 lb test, 80 lb black on heavy bottom gear. Not many this size nowadays. I don't expect to catch any this size again.
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 5,792 Admiral

Catching 3 different types of billfish in a single day, She caught a blue marlin 2 white malin and a sailfish and to make it even more impressive than it all ready is, we were only using 20 lb line

My best catch
  • snookaffinitysnookaffinity Naples, FLPosts: 998 Officer
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
    Some awesome fish!
  • dcrdcr Posts: 290 Deckhand
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 4,004 Captain
    I've had plenty of trash can slams.
  • nickmonickmo Posts: 24 Greenhorn

It means different things in different places. In the Keys a grandslam would be a tarpon, bonefish and permit caught on 1 trip. In other places it would be the 3 prevalent fish in that area.
  • kcgramerkcgramer Posts: 18 Greenhorn
    It means different things in different places. In the Keys a grandslam would be a tarpon, bonefish and permit caught on 1 trip. In other places it would be the 3 prevalent fish in that area.

Yup, and the inshore slam (that I know of) is Snook, Redfish and Sea Trout
    Beautiful Shark dcr!
    Talk about some HUGE King’s!👍😊
  • mlangemlange Posts: 52 Greenhorn
    Daaaang mlange! Who cares if that ain’t saltwater, show THAT Musky everyday + Sunday man! Awesome catch! Fish of 10,000 casts right there. 😊👍

These are becoming more common and they are in my back yard. No longer a fish of 10,000 casts. I'd trade for a shot at a tarpon every day.
  • HooganHoogan Posts: 522 Officer
    I was absent from this forum for a good half dozen years, I used to be very active and would post pictures. One thing that shocked me the most about the FS forum is how it’s gone backwards...have you noticed this thread is 3pages long but no additional pictures have been posted?
    As straightforward as it has become to take pictures, send pictures and share pictures it’s gone in the opposite direction with this forum?
    I would love to see more pictures too! I’ll post some freshwater pics if it would help get some things rollin.

This one was my biggest catfish to date. A 48lb Blue Catfish.

77b4b740bbc72e8dd290baea25b549e8.jpg

And this was a 27lber on the same day.

6cb0331494076bbe0133e63fb50cd300.jpg

This was my best day catfishing ever. I caught a 48, 29, 27, 19, And 14lber all in just a couple hours of fishing. All from shore. It was very fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • BeastieBeastie Bokeelia, FLPosts: 864 Officer
    Did anybody else think Greyreefshark was a 15 year old kid before this thread?
  • BeastieBeastie Bokeelia, FLPosts: 864 Officer
    .3c776bca38606e550227301f11d928b7.jpg0cf8a040c879882712667045192b8ed7.jpg6ee59bfa3d4ec7807bad632eb230ecf2.jpgf7a366276251e4c1bf83b5e78c7571cf.jpg
    🤣🤣🤣 That is Awesome!!! 😊

Beastie, I seriously spit my coffee out on that one dude! That was Perfect! Cause, to tell you the truth, from the outside looking at myself, I would have thought the same thing. 😊 I’m showing your post to my brother, he’ll get a kick out of it too.

Have a great Christmas to you and your fam man!
  • ocnslrocnslr Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    Probably the three best fish for my best friend (and wife).
  • WadeFishermanWadeFisherman Posts: 389 Deckhand
    2d8d754d153f406d32f1d1629b1801eb.jpg2e98aca085c669e44e20dbff54bdb782.jpg

2 is all I have right now. Hopefully as I learn to catch more saltwater fish, I’ll
    have more catches and photos.

Never mind just read your reply, sorry
  • WadeFishermanWadeFisherman Posts: 389 Deckhand

Not bs, I feel the same.