Home Off Topic

Santa brought me an early Christmas present ...

GardawgGardawg Posts: 10,066 AG
I've always wanted a sail boat. Now I have one for free !!!
“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”

Replies

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,534 AG
    Some dry footers made it in that thing huh?
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 10,066 AG
    Some dry footers made it in that thing huh?

Well if they did they were **** quiet doing it.

The moon sat soon after sunset. It was a very dark and quiet night. I went to bed at 8:30 and slept until 4:30 which is late for me. They must have arrived much earlier.

It looks like it would sail but it had no centerboard so it must have slid a 'bit'.

It was probably towed to within ten miles of shore and then sailed the rest of the way.

I kept a knife that was on board. There was a pair of old jeans onboard ... they were my size. No. I'm not going to wear them.
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

My question now is why is it tied off? were they planning a return trip? or did you tie it off?
    My question now is why is it tied off? were they planning a return trip? or did you tie it off?

I tied it. A collector of 'rafts' is coming to tow it to his boat yard.

It is a very dry boat. There was no seawater in it at all. Very innovative engineering.

There was a slingshot and some iron nuts in a bag. Shark repellers?

you should have kept it. Slap a Pathfinder logo on it and sold it for $20k
    It does have flat bottom.

You could fish the flats from a sail boat.

• Flats2blueFlats2blue Posts: 278 Deckhand
    That kind of stuff makes me thankful everyday that I was born in the U.S. To be in a situation where that is a better option than living where you do is concerning. Many in this country lose sight of how lucky were all all and spend too much time complaining/arguing about trivial matters.

Thanks for sharing and reminding me. :)

Mark
  • Florida Ex-patFlorida Ex-pat Posts: 586 Officer
    Flats2blue wrote: »
    That kind of stuff makes me thankful everyday that I was born in the U.S. To be in a situation where that is a better option than living where you do is concerning. Many in this country lose sight of how lucky were all all and spend too much time complaining/arguing about trivial matters.

Thanks for sharing and reminding me. :)

Mark

Yeah I know we drone on about things like Net Neutrality like we are being enslaved or something. It is nice to have first world problems. Thanks for the perspective and a great take from the original post. Happy Holidays to you.
    Gardawg wrote: »
    I've always wanted a sail boat. Now I have one for free !!!

Amazing pictures. You have a scenic backdrop to your life.
    Amazing pictures. You have a scenic backdrop to your life.

that's the view from my 'man cave' ... it's where I spend a lot of time looking at the ocean

Awesome. I would post mine but a good neighbor fence and San Jose, CA in the background probably would not warm your coffee or anything. Great place you have there.
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,881 AG
    you should have kept it. Slap a Pathfinder logo on it and sold it for $20k

X2 but instead of selling it, I would have incorporated it into my yards landscape as a planter or something.

Captain Todd Approves

• stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,679 Admiral
    Than place is too neat. You could barely walk in mine before the tornado destroyed it. I did find most of my tools & stuff.
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Someone fleeing Dade county?
    stc1993 wrote: »
    Than place is too neat. You could barely walk in mine before the tornado destroyed it. I did find most of my tools & stuff.

It took me a long time to clean up the mess Irma left !

• King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 6,613 Admiral
    Gardawg wrote: »
    that's the view from my 'man cave' ... it's where I spend a lot of time looking at the ocean

Noice. I'll have to take a pic of my 'man-cave' sometime. it is literally an entire house with tons of stuff in it. I can barely move within the garage area. I call it one big closet now.
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,881 AG
    My man cave is a box I keep under the bed. #sad

I know I opened a lot of doors with that one. I am hoping with so many options it will confuse all of you who want to jump all over that with a wiseass remark.

Captain Todd Approves

• TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,011 AG
    Nice garage! #Jealous

But I think a pink towel on the weight bench is just plain wrong. :)
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,776 AG
    There is a turtle looking for the removable outriggers on that boat.
    Tarponator wrote: »
    But I think a pink towel on the weight bench is just plain wrong. :)

Funny that you mentioned that. I remembered that a study I read said that one became weaker when exposed to the color pink. So I changed to a aqua towel. I don't feel any stronger but it is a better match for my décor.

Isn't it amazing how some people will toss a perfectly good towel in the rubbish simply because it is a color they don't like. All my shop towels are really nice towels that others have tossed away. Some are even monogrammed. Nothing beats spilling crap on someone else's $25 towel.

• Gary SGary S Posts: 2,312 Captain
    There is a wood boat upside down in a couple foot of water south of Cesars creek. I saw it last year soon after it showed up. It still had a 2 bladed brass prop sticking out the back. I wanted to flip it and see what kind of motor was in it. It has some holes in it like it may have been shot up with a 50 caliber to try and stink it. Found a raft on shore by Old Rhodes creek. Gives me a funny feeling to see how desperate people can get to escape something. Makes me need to take a moment and give thanks for what I have.