Home Off Topic

Where's Menzies?

Replies

• dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,258 Admiral
    conchydong wrote: »
    Whether you like Menzies or not he was not as condescending to others as the former triple C, who got a lot more slack when it came to punishment. I will vote to bring him back.
    dave44 wrote: »
    You can’t be more condescending than triple C. There is no comparison to be made.

I like Menzies, though I gave him grief.

Life is politics. I don’t agree with most of his, but isn’t it important to see the views?
    ANUMBER1 wrote: »
    Never had a problem with Gary CCC, we disagreed on some points but we both know how the game is played..
    I think the members that didn't like him were prone to **** on a daily level anyway.
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,782 AG
    There must be a point. But it’s a bit foggy.
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,506 Admiral
    conchydong wrote: »
    Whether you like Menzies or not he was not as condescending to others as the former triple C, who got a lot more slack when it came to punishment. I will vote to bring him back.

If condescending is an offense then we have the potential to lose a lot more members.
    And when did we start voting on who gets back in?
    If that's the case we should be able to vote on who gets tossed out.....right?
    Clearly no one one was disliked so much by so many for so long then Menzies. I often wondered why he stuck around. But not only did he stay, he contributed. He started a lot of threads. The guy is pretty smart, although he must have done something stupid.
    Someone here has to know what it was. I sure don't know.
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • StryderStryder Posts: 172 Deckhand
    Not about like or dislike nor about agree or disagree with Menzies. As noted by mindya, he contributed. And contributed a lot, I think it is unfortunate that a guy with an 8 year history who was approaching 20 k in posts gets tossed out. He brought a lot passion to the forum and there were/are many that have been far more offensive than the Menz.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky

• ChuckcChuckc Posts: 4,398 Captain
    dave44 wrote: »
    You can’t be more condescending than triple C. There is no comparison to be made.

That's the unvarnished truth right there.
  • JKPJKP Posts: 3,187 Captain
    He couldn't have possibly got sideways in a political post as we all know there are no more political threads and there is no way those are slipping through to drive more post count.
  • WelwoodWelwood Posts: 745 Officer
    mplspug wrote: »
    I hope he was banned for a good reason. I never had any problem with him.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Scarecrow wrote: »
    Probably sexual harassment, that's the new thing.
    tag wrote: »
    They banned the self appointed forum moderator :rotflmao
    Gary M wrote: »
    If he was banned, why don't the Mods tell us 'why' so we can all learn from his mistake??

:huh
    cadman wrote: »
    I thought we weren't supposed to discuss banned members. Has the rules changed again?

Four pages and still no link? I'm gonna go with "fake news".
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,899 AG
    We've all been Menzied.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Captain Todd Approves

• FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral
    Cane Pole wrote: »
    A bit pompous, but I always liked him.

Reminds me of Winchester on MASH.

more like Frank Burns
    If condescending is an offense then we have the potential to lose a lot more members.
    And when did we start voting on who gets back in?
    If that's the case we should be able to vote on who gets tossed out.....right?
    Clearly no one one was disliked so much by so many for so long then Menzies. I often wondered why he stuck around. But not only did he stay, he contributed. He started a lot of threads. The guy is pretty smart, although he must have done something stupid.
    Someone here has to know what it was. I sure don't know.

He is just a troll who's time came up, like a bad cold, fire ants, and Cher you can count on him coming back trolling and be outraged that he is used as a virtual punching bag. And virtue signaling.

At least Gary C used to throw parties and has done a **** ton to fight for the rights of anglers in Florida. This place is worse off without him. He is a real nice guy in person.
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,214 AG
    gandrfab wrote: »
    Because what is and is not acceptable is a moving target and not applied equally.

I agree.

I was nearly banned because a Mod 'thought' that I posted a photo of a dead baby, when in fact, it was fully alive but on life support.

Another time, same thing, but with me posting a photo of a politician holding a bucket of KFC while another photo of the same politician showing his hair as broccoli, was 'okay'.
  • tankardtankard Posts: 7,031 Admiral
    When Cane Pole, previously known as FSEric, was a Grand Poobah, he threatened to ban me for not sufficiently worshipping the '72 Dolphins.

I am not making this up, am I Cane Pole?
    tankard wrote: »
    When Cane Pole, previously known as FSEric, was a Grand Poobah, he threatened to ban me for not sufficiently worshipping the '72 Dolphins.

I am not making this up, am I Cane Pole?

Sounds like a good reason
    The '72 Dolphins would get humiliatingly crushed by any modern team.

Czonka would be in the hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    I thought we weren't supposed to discuss banned members. Has the rules changed again?

Read more: http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?252791-Where-s-Menzies#ixzz51qCLrCqu

Welwood wrote: »
    Four pages and still no link? I'm gonna go with "fake news".
    nuevowavo

Six threads from Politics have been dumped so far in the month of March, one for a cussword in the title, a few because the arguments became personal, like the Cyclist thread, and one for sexual content. There are also some individual posts that have been removed

We don't really like threads that are about banned members, since they can't respond.

I left the Cyclist thread up as long as the conversation didn't denigrate him, but soon enough the members were attacking each other, so bye-bye.

Again, it's lack of respect for your fellow Forum members that will get you time off.

I try to PM members who have had posts and threads pulled, but not when the member is obviously putting up something he knows is a no-no.

If you ever have a question about something that has gone away, or anything else regarding Forum rules, please PM me.
    Read more: http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?45473-It-s-gone#ixzz51qB2NrFr
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,956 Admiral
    Don't get your panties in a twist fellers. That Irish Traveler has been banned almost as many times as Popeye. He'll be back.
    Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
    So much for taking the high road.:rolleyes

Billy, I couldn't take the high road. Menzies and his crew of Gypos were repaving it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 6,616 Admiral
    Status - Banned

I'm pretty laid back in debates on here but he would always look for arguments in what I posted which I thought was odd in his behavior.
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,683 Admiral
    Don't take it personal he does that with everyone to see if they'll bite.
  • ParkerboyParkerboy Posts: 7,048 Admiral
    Menzies will argue with a fencepost.
    Deo Vindice
  • Reptile DysfunctionReptile Dysfunction LP - Edge of the Known UniversePosts: 3,301 Captain
    Parkerboy wrote: »
    Menzies will argue with a fencepost.

True, but Menzies would also expect the fence post to stroke his ego.
    "If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free" - P. J. O'Rourke
  • squidvicioussquidvicious Posts: 530 Officer
    :huh
    can we please stop using the word ISSUE ? it's a PROBLEM
    :wink
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,214 AG
    ferris1248 wrote: »
    Maybe because it's none of your business. It's between Menzies and the mod. If he is really banned.:Horse

Obviously, the logic from my question buzzed a little too high over your head. Sorry, I can't aim any lower......
    Hey Menzies, Kalik sucks!
  • hatcityhatcity Stuart,FLPosts: 3,412 Captain
    well at least we won't have to view the BURNED lamb on Christmas day
    I was not born stupid, just had lots of practice
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,689 AG
    Y'all are make Minzies head swell with all of this "I miss him/bring him back talk". When he is here some complain and now he is not you complain. This is truly what OT is about these days. Debate, argue, call it what you want. Some people just live for it.

Carry on :beer
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 6,616 Admiral
    micci_man wrote: »
    Y'all are make Minzies head swell with all of this "I miss him/bring him back talk". When he is here some complain and now he is not you complain. This is truly what OT is about these days. Debate, argue, call it what you want. Some people just live for it.

Carry on :beer

Yeah, I just brushed his arguments off on most of my post replies. Yes, we are feeding him right now with this gossip. When he gets back online, watch out......lol
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,406 AG
    hatcity wrote: »
    well at least we won't have to view the BURNED lamb on Christmas day

He could burn lamb with the best of them.

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

We didn't get to see his yacht in the Christmas parade at the club this year. :cry

• Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,651 Admiral
    GA Fin wrote: »
    We didn't get to see his yacht in the Christmas parade at the club this year. :cry

Actually a few days ago he posted a video on Youtube, taken from a drone, of the entry to his community. He does live in a beautiful area.
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway